Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 7,657 times

Advertisements

I use Greatschools web site to find info on schools in any area. I live in Woodbridge and know people who live in Fords. As far as the public schools go they are average. You can read some of the reviews of parents in the Fords public school system and also see the test scores. You have to be zoned by address to the public schools. Only if the school can't meet your child's needs will you be able to go outside of your district or your school is ranked as poor performing. I was unfortunate to live in Woodbridge, but zoned to a poor public school. I have had to put my daughter in private school in Edison. The township pays for bus service even though I send her to private school in another township. I think if schools are very important to you I would go on the Great schools web site and find the best school. Visit the school and look for homes zoned to that school. Some schools are a lot better than others in the same town. There are a lot of Catholic schools in Woodbridge and you might consider that instead of the public school if you find a house you like and not the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM

23,589 posts, read 17,269,743 times
Seems year to year I went toi Kennedy Hi in Iselin, my sister ended up in Woddbridge Hi. Kids from Keasbey and Hopelawn went to Woodbridge.

Fords along New Brunswick ave is the ticket!

Nice quiet settled area, main st. Instant access to parkway, 287, 440, rt 1, rt 9/35, turnpike. 18 minutes form Newark airport on a clear turnpike. half hour from Sandy hook beaches. 5 minurtes from salt water fishing. Metuchen train station right down the road 8 minutes away. Greeway trail parallels New Brunswick ave and runs for miles. Even have a neat river/bay view from some houses on Ryan st and adjoining streets.

The instant access to the major roads is the big diff from other locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey