Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:30 PM

53 posts, read 224,940 times

Advertisements

Odd question, but what is/are the major local newpaper(s) in burlington county & vicinity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 PM

41 posts, read 248,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeLatte View Post
Odd question, but what is/are the major local newpaper(s) in burlington county & vicinity?
Burlington County Times
phillyBurbs.com | Burlington County Times (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/section.cfm?id=112&tmpl=bct - broken link)

Courier Post
CourierPostOnline - South Jersey's Web Site

Old 02-13-2008, 03:08 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,522,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeLatte View Post
Burlington County Times, Philly Inquirer and Courier Post.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:20 PM

Thank you 4 your quick response!!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM

59 posts, read 167,611 times
Default Moorestown, Marlton, etc

Moorestown was just rated "Number One Town" - it has a cute downtown and many historic houses - some quite large - great schools and shopping. Its really a teriffic town. Marlton, aka Evesham, has more diversity, Good schools - but not rated like Moorestown. Cherry Hill also has great schools. The area in general offers access to Philly, the shore or NY. Moderator cut: NO advertising

Last edited by tahiti; 02-22-2008 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: NO advertising

Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM

718 posts, read 2,326,373 times
CaffeLatte, if you want the closest feel to Bergen County, look into the Main St area of Moorestown. Its a cheaper version of Alpine, Closter area. Haddonfield is another. Medford is probably the third and last town in South Jersey that can run with the quaint/wealthy towns of Bergen County. Would take Marlton over Mt Laurel - to all those promoting ML it is the epitome of suburbia and has no downtown or community feel. This person wants a BERGEN COUNTY feel, not the suburban sun belt type sprawl with a bunch of cookie cutter homes on streets named Winding Blue Brook Way.

Last edited by DITC; 02-22-2008 at 03:21 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM

I finally drove by Moorestown today!! The Main St and beyond remind me of Westfield/Summit/Morristown area. Short and sweet downtown with charm. I accidentally ended up in Marlton at some point today. I can't remember the name of the street, but it reminded me of Route 1/9. Kinda old, with lots of older looking strip malls. I heard so many nice things about Marlton. Someone mentioned that it is like Short Hills of S Jersey. But when I got lost today and found myself in Marlton, that part of town did not seem THAT nice. I'm sure Marlton is a BIG town, and I was just in one strip/area. Can anyone point me to the right direction in Marlton? Does anyone know of great, upscale rental apartments in Mt Laurel, Moorestown, Cherry Hill or Marlton? I'm thinking of renting first to get a better sense of the area before buying a home. TIA

Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM

I was reading another thread on Souther Jersey by another member. He wanted rec's to diverse and liberal S Jersey towns. I was surprised to find responses that said to stay away from the areas of my interest (Moorestown, Mt Laurel, etc). Some said these towns are conservative, white, and homogeneous. Any opinions? I'm really not familiar with S Jersey, and would like some honest insight into its true sense of diversity or whether it's conservative/liberal. TIA

Old 02-24-2008, 07:17 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,522,248 times
Suggest you look at Woodview Apartments in Marlton. There are plenty of other choices though I think this complex might be located on the Medford side of Rt 70 which is newer, quieter and nicer surrounding.

Woodview At Marlton Apartments Marlton, NJ - Apartments for Rent in Marlton New Jersey

Moorestown has some diversity on the western part of town and Mount Laurel has much more diversity throughout the town. Marlton is a very good area and it is a good place to plant yourself to get a feel for the area. Traffic is the only downside, but you will be close to tons of higher-end shopping, restaurants and major roads.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:59 AM

691 posts, read 3,062,941 times
CafeLatte - where were you driving in Marlton? Sounds like you might have been on Route 73 which is sprawl at its finest. You'll find once you get off the main highways, the town is very nice.

For apartments, I recommend Mount Laurel Crossings. Lincoln Property Company, Inc. // Communities

It is right off of Route 38 and 295 with lots of high-end retail around. I also feel Mount Laurel is pretty diverse when compared to other SJ towns.

Also, in MtLaurel you are still very close to downtown Moorestown. I am less than 5min/2miles from the downtown. You really can't beat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey