Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:35 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,456,370 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am pulling my hair out with this one. We are seeking a place to go with friends tomorrow, not looking for anything fancy, as the visitors do not have dressy clothes with them. One in the party is wanting some prime rib, and one in the party is vegetarian. (though she does very occasionally eat fish, providing it is not farm raised, or an "over fished" variety and no shell fish...sigh....) Thankfully the rest of the party will eat almost anything. Does not have to have a bar, but would be nice if it did, or was BYOB.

Any one with ideas? Ideally not too pricey, and some place we'd be comfortable in chinos and polo shirts. Not too far from the Morristown area. (but willing to drive up to an hour to find this rare combo)

Thanks in advance.
KoalaNJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
If you have a Ruby Tuesday's near you, last time I went to one (few months ago) they had a very good selection of vegetarian options as well as a good salad bar. They even had a meal choice consisting of 3 or 4 vegetables/sides, and there were a lot to choose from. I'm not sure about prime rib, but they do have steaks/meat. You can probably find the menu online.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

453 posts, read 1,742,968 times
So? Where did you end up?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysNJ View Post
So? Where did you end up?
We ended up with me cooking...sigh. Apparently there is no restaurant that offers both vegetarian fare as well as prime rib. We ended up picking up some prime steaks at a local butcher, as well as a huge portabella mushroom, which I marinated and grilled along with the steaks. I bought some fresh corn on the cob as well, which we also grilled - (did not want to cook indoors.) I also had some great fresh baby lettuces for a salad, and strawberries from a local farm to round off the meal. I had wanted to avoid cooking, but it was the only way to appease everyone. (except me, lol)

Anyway, thanks for asking, and for the recommendation. Sadly for us, Ruby Tuesday is more of a burger joint, and does not have prime rib.

KoalaNJ

Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,470,223 times
You'll have to forgive me for my ignorance as I have never eaten at a steakhouse, but are you telling me none of them offer salads?

Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,812,481 times
Sorry I just saw this. Park and Orchard would have been an option.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
You'll have to forgive me for my ignorance as I have never eaten at a steakhouse, but are you telling me none of them offer salads?

Firstly, not all steakhouses serve prime rib. And at most steakhouses the salads are side salads and are more of a side/secondary thing - just something to accompany the main course of beef. They in no way are suitable for an entire meal - usually just consisting of some lettuce, a slice or 3 of cucumber, a cherry tomato and a few carrot shreds. Much of the vegetables served also will contain meat, such as bacon and/or egg in the greens, or spinach, or panchetta in the green beans. Some serve Ceasar salad, but that includes egg as well as anchovies, both of which are not inline with vegetarianism. There simply is not enough on the menu at most steakhoueses to give a vegetarian a full and complete meal....complete proteins, complex carbs, etc.

KoalaNJ

Old 06-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Sorry I just saw this. Park and Orchard would have been an option.

Thank you for letting me know about this restaurant, I looked at the menu and it looks great. No prime rib, but they have plenty of options for carnivores as well as vegetarians. We'll have to go there next time!

KoalaNJ

Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
We ended up with me cooking...sigh. Apparently there is no restaurant that offers both vegetarian fare as well as prime rib. We ended up picking up some prime steaks at a local butcher, as well as a huge portobello mushroom, which I marinated and grilled along with the steaks. I bought some fresh corn on the cob as well, which we also grilled - (did not want to cook indoors.) I also had some great fresh baby lettuces for a salad, and strawberries from a local farm to round off the meal. I had wanted to avoid cooking, but it was the only way to appease everyone. (except me, lol)

Anyway, thanks for asking, and for the recommendation. Sadly for us, Ruby Tuesday is more of a burger joint, and does not have prime rib.

KoalaNJ
I always get salmon at Ruby Tuesday, plus the salad bar. Sugar snap peas on the side.

But your dinner sounds really good. Nice fresh salad, local strawberries, and I could eat either, or both, the prime rib and the portobello shroom.

There's a place by me that has a prime rib special every Monday night for $19.99. They also have some vegetarian choices on the menu.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always get salmon at Ruby Tuesday, plus the salad bar. Sugar snap peas on the side.

But your dinner sounds really good. Nice fresh salad, local strawberries, and I could eat either, or both, the prime rib and the portobello shroom.

There's a place by me that has a prime rib special every Monday night for $19.99. They also have some vegetarian choices on the menu.
Care to share the name of the restaurant? And in the interest of full disclosure, we had some prime steaks, not Prime Rib. (They were delicious though) I forgot to include I also made a lovely quinoa salad to accompany dinner, just to ensure the vegetarian had complete proteins The strawberries had whipped creme and a sprig of fresh mint.

KoalaNJ

Who really wanted to eat out so she could enjoy the company, and not spend my time cooking....sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey