Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2? View Post
I would stay in Allentown... it's nice and quiet. UC and JC are one big @#$%hole
Allentown is not some little hick town in Pennsylvania. It's the state's third largest city. I agree that UC and JC are not the best choices, but this guy is not coming in from farm country or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,233,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampo13 View Post
Let's be honest here. UC and JC Heights are bad places to raise a family. BUT Hudson County does have some nice areas, especially Bayonne Weehawken, and Secaucus. If you are very wealthy then JC Downtown and Hoboken are decent too. Northern north Bergen could also fit the bill.
Bayonne or Secaucus as nice places? Weehawken, I'll give you. But the nice parts of Hudson County are not found in the places that are just worse versions of random suburbs. Hoboken and downtown Jersey City, plus the waterfronts in Weehawken and West New York (and to an extent the areas just above the Palisades, which have beautiful older homes, especially in Weehawken), are the nice parts of Hudson County.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
Bayonne or Secaucus as nice places? Weehawken, I'll give you. But the nice parts of Hudson County are not found in the places that are just worse versions of random suburbs. Hoboken and downtown Jersey City, plus the waterfronts in Weehawken and West New York (and to an extent the areas just above the Palisades, which have beautiful older homes, especially in Weehawken), are the nice parts of Hudson County.
Secaucus is a very nice town. I wouldn't want to live there, but it is a very nice town with decent schools.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Secaucus is not like the rest of Hudson County. It has more of a suburban feel and is not nearly as congested. When you park in Secaucus, which is possible to begin with, and run in to get a hot dog, you fully expect your car to be where you left it. It is discontinuous with the urban brickscape that runs North-South from North Bergen through Bayonne. It is more in line with the Rutherfords, North Arlington, Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge, Bogota, etc. I don't even consider it a part of Hudson County, except in the political sense.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampo13 View Post
Let's be honest here. UC and JC Heights are bad places to raise a family. BUT Hudson County does have some nice areas, especially Bayonne Weehawken, and Secaucus. If you are very wealthy then JC Downtown and Hoboken are decent too. Northern north Bergen could also fit the bill.
I don't think the words "Bayonne" and "Nice" should ever be used in the same sentence.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM

690 posts, read 964,323 times
i wudnt live in hudson county, id live farther out if i was u, but secaucus is decent
bayonne is run down and unpleasant

Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Bayonne is far from run down...sure there are some industrial areas...but that is separate from the rest of the town.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:51 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Bayonne is far from run down...sure there are some industrial areas...but that is separate from the rest of the town.
It's pretty run down. I wouldn't say dangerous, but it's very desirable to live there.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
It's pretty run down. I wouldn't say dangerous, but it's very desirable to live there.
Which sections have you been too? So me on google street which is run down...

Old 07-29-2013, 04:05 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,574,921 times
There are only two sections of Bayonne that look run down. The worst is that section of Avenue C, I believe it is in the 20's or the teens. Other than that the city looks average to great depending on the section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey