Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 03:13 PM

76 posts, read 203,551 times

Advertisements

Looking to possibly invest in some real estate. My main concern is overall quality of life. My options are Wildwood, Ocean City, Cape May, Avalon, Sea Isle, and Stone Harbor. Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 04:04 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Are you planning to live there, or just buy to rent? Also what is your budget? There really is no "best" as they are all very different and cater to different populations with different wants and needs. Avalon and Stone Harbor are much more yuppie and the most expensive of these towns, have a few nice restaurants and bars but very little else to do, Wildwood has 3 different sections all very different, for instance Wildwood Crest is quiet and nice but Wildwood where the rides, etc are is much more a party area and also has lot of low income housing. Sea Isle has a ton of bars and is college kid central in the summer, Ocean City is dry, so no bars or partying, and known as the most family-friendly of the shore towns. If you are looking for year round, I would say OC, where I live, as it has a viable downtown open year round, supermarkets, and a higher year round population and excellent school system. Aside from that it is closest to malls, etc. More info on what you are looking to do would be helpful.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 PM

76 posts, read 203,551 times
No budget really. I'm looking to use it during the summer only but definitely want to buy instead of renting. As for Wildwood - could you elaborate a bit more? I was under the impression that there was wildwood, west wildwood, north wildwood, and the crest. Any input on those areas?

Old 08-11-2013, 05:08 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,344,393 times
My personal favorite is Cape May...the quality of life is great, although I think it's pricey (to buy)

Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
I personally recommend Cape May. IMO, very few places along the whole NJ coast are better than Cape May.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCdelco View Post
No budget really. I'm looking to use it during the summer only but definitely want to buy instead of renting. As for Wildwood - could you elaborate a bit more? I was under the impression that there was wildwood, west wildwood, north wildwood, and the crest. Any input on those areas?
There is no west, I'm not sure about what north is like. The Crest is quieter, Wildwood proper is where all the rides, etc are. What type of place are you looking for? Do you want to be within walking distance to bars, restaurants and amusements or want to spend summer in a quieter area? What is your ideal location like to you? I feel like you are being sort of vague in what exactly you are looking for in terms of "quality of life" and that is going to make it harder to narrow down what the best area for YOU would be.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:22 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is no west, I'm not sure about what north is like. The Crest is quieter, Wildwood proper is where all the rides, etc are. What type of place are you looking for? Do you want to be within walking distance to bars, restaurants and amusements or want to spend summer in a quieter area? What is your ideal location like to you? I feel like you are being sort of vague in what exactly you are looking for in terms of "quality of life" and that is going to make it harder to narrow down what the best area for YOU would be.
yes there is

Borough Of West Wildwood

Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Okay. I've never heard of it, and went by the Wildwoods website, where they listed the other 3 but didn't list that for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey