Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM

56 posts, read 113,250 times

Advertisements

Towns between Bridgewater and Princeton are the fastest growing because houses are relatively cheap at 500k, and the Indians are setting up big communities there. Mostly here for IT jobs, etc.

In NJ, new communities bring in new buyers and new demographics, so the growth will come from farm land areas outside of bigger cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 PM

386 posts, read 872,782 times
Bayonne, Burlington City, Bordentown City are obvious ones.

New Brunswick is tricky...it has so much promise, but I quite honestly don't see it ever becoming a place a family would want to live.

Phillipsburg and Plainfield are much less obvious, but I feel like both have gotten better. The two also have architectural charm and great transportation options.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,113,773 times
If you expect there will be new rail tunnels into NYC, it's pretty much a sure bet that when built, the RVL would get Midtown Direct service. (as it's starting to on weekends/off-peak, but can't in rush hour due to lack of tunnel slots). I'd expect that would result in dramatic changes along the corridor, especially Netherwood-Raritan where most stations are along lower-wealth blue-collar areas/towns, that also often have the "walkable downtown" urbanites tend to like. (Dunellen, Bound Brook, Somerville)

Old 01-01-2014, 02:27 PM

28 posts, read 50,237 times
rahway is an up & coming area! check facts before you bash( I don't live there(

Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,777,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_volt View Post
There are at least 8 large scale developments that are taking place in downtown Rahway right now, that, combined with a new arts district makes me feel like Rahway is going up
We will see. I don't think the local businesses are doing very well. There is a building for sale directly across the street from the arts center. Right down the road from Park Square. The building houses a restaurant and two apartments.

La Malinche Restaurant - Rahway, NJ

The restaurant has 19 different reviews on Yelp and they are generally positive. With a solid commercial tenant and two apartments, while being in a supposed "great location", you would think it would have a significantly larger asking price then $350,000. You generally don't find comparable properties that cheap in North Jersey outside of the ghetto and similar deals seem to be common in Rahway.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,258 times
Stay close to places with mass transit and busy working people.... Jersey City has been growing a lot

Old 01-02-2014, 11:17 AM

2,753 posts, read 2,429,005 times
Elizabeth, Newark, Rahway, Hudson County/Union County

Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 AM

9,011 posts, read 13,854,349 times
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hackensack.
Drove through the area and loved it,esp the Nyc views. It has so much potential
North Arlington is very nice too.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,989,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hackensack.
Drove through the area and loved it,esp the Nyc views. It has so much potential
North Arlington is very nice too.
I'm from Hackensack. They have been having a fairly good amount of new construction in the city. I wouldn't think of it as up and coming though. It's a bit pricey given it's many conveniences.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 AM

10,224 posts, read 19,234,006 times
Seems to me one strategy would be to look would be where there's good transportation to NY but has been overlooked by the wealthier buyer for reasons which may be resolved. The trick, then, is to figure out which ones might be resolved, and when. Lyndhurst, Rahway, Linden, Hackensack, Orange, East Orange, parts of Newark, probably others. Even if you pick an area that really will be up-and-coming, can you carry the property until it actually comes up?

(If I knew the answers, I'd be investing rather than posting on C-D!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey