Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 05:08 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times

Advertisements

Is up down, right left, top bottom. WTF is going on. Illegal is illegal. Now taxpayers money will be used to give grants to illegals. It's a slap in the face to all those who came here legally.

Mark my words, this is one of many step to giving illegals the right to vote.

The American people are frogs in the pot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bill to offer in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants who grew up in New Jersey is continuing its progress towards Gov. Chris Christie’s desk.

The state Senate today voted 25 to 12 to approve the controversial measure, which would also allow the students to qualify for state financial aid programs.

“This to me is about fairness and equity. It’s about accessibility,” said state Sen. Teresa Ruiz (D-Essex), the prime sponsor. “And most importantly it’s about engaging in a conversation, that when we talk about making the Garden State stronger, this has to be one of those variables in the conversation to ensure that.”

Under the bill (S2479), unauthorized immigrants who attended high school in New Jersey for three or more years, graduated, and filed an affidavit saying they plan to legalize their immigration status as soon as legally possible would be able to get lower in-state tuition rates at New Jersey's public colleges and universities.

Currently, immigrants without legal status have to pay more expensive out-of-state rates.

The vote was mostly along party lines. State Sen. Robert Singer (R-Ocean) said the bill would hurt citizens who grew up in New Jersey.

N.J. Senate approves bill granting in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:41 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Must be nice to get away with a crime and get officially rewarded for it. I got into the wrong business of doing the right thing.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Aha!

“This to me is about fairness and equity. It’s about accessibility,” said state Sen. Teresa Ruiz (D-Essex), the prime sponsor. “And most importantly it’s about engaging in a conversation, that when we talk about making the Garden State stronger, this has to be one of those variables in the conversation to ensure that.”

Aha!

Here is why NJ Dems want to bring in warm bodies. Nj loses about 40% of students to out of state colleges. The Dems are trying to ensure their institutional edu supporters stay in business.

It is not about 'fairness and accessability" it is about keeping a campaign cash flow from edu alive and justifying glut of 'teachers colleges' in NJ.

"New Jersey sends more students to out-of-state colleges than any other state, data compiled by the National Center for Education Statistics show."

As for how many grads stay in state post graduation, Nj wasn't listed in the top 10. Though NY was in that list and it is a good bet NJ grads go to NYC for jobs.

Wow! its like all of the NJ taxpayers have been inducted into the teachers union and get to have their dues conscripted.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Must be nice to get away with a crime and get officially rewarded for it. I got into the wrong business of doing the right thing.
Me too.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:27 PM

200 posts, read 155,671 times
F!@#!@ing traitors. This is insane. Trump must stop this. I hope they find these parasites in class and drag them out.

Between this and sanctuary cities, it is quite clear our elected class is more apt to help ILLEGALS than their own constituents.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:56 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,640,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Is up down, right left, top bottom. WTF is going on. Illegal is illegal. Now taxpayers money will be used to give grants to illegals. It's a slap in the face to all those who came here legally.

Mark my words, this is one of many step to giving illegals the right to vote.

The American people are frogs in the pot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bill to offer in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants who grew up in New Jersey is continuing its progress towards Gov. Chris Christie’s desk.

The state Senate today voted 25 to 12 to approve the controversial measure, which would also allow the students to qualify for state financial aid programs.

Under the bill (S2479), unauthorized immigrants who attended high school in New Jersey for three or more years, graduated, and filed an affidavit saying they plan to legalize their immigration status as soon as legally possible would be able to get lower in-state tuition rates at New Jersey's public colleges and universities.

Currently, immigrants without legal status have to pay more expensive out-of-state rates.

The vote was mostly along party lines. State Sen. Robert Singer (R-Ocean) said the bill would hurt citizens who grew up in New Jersey.

N.J. Senate approves bill granting in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants | NJ.com

I believe the correct term today is "undocumented immigrant." And for the record, undocumented immigrants pay taxes also. Something like $17 billion a year.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:09 AM

200 posts, read 155,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I believe the correct term today is "undocumented immigrant." And for the record, undocumented immigrants pay taxes also. Something like $17 billion a year.
No. It's ILLEGAL. Because they are here ILLEGALLY. And I doubt they pay taxes, and even if they did they cost us much more in terms of crime, wages, etc as well as this tuition nonsense. Mass deportations will save us so much in terms of money and safety.

Why do you think they keep reporting that our schools are failing? it's because these illegals can't even speak english. To the people on this forum so concerned with your schools and property taxes: pay attention!

So glad we won the election.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanJ View Post
No. It's ILLEGAL. Because they are here ILLEGALLY. And I doubt they pay taxes, and even if they did they cost us much more in terms of crime, wages, etc as well as this tuition nonsense. Mass deportations will save us so much in terms of money and safety.

Why do you think they keep reporting that our schools are failing? it's because these illegals can't even speak english. To the people on this forum so concerned with your schools and property taxes: pay attention!

So glad we won the election.

Ok. Next time you get a parking ticket, I'm going to call you an illegal. You know, because you parked your car illegally.

Regarding safety: White men born in America are twice as likely to end up in prison as men born abroad, while American-born black men are many times more likely to land in jail than their immigrant counterparts. As a general matter, individuals with less education are more likely to get locked up. Nevertheless, immigrants from El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico, who tend to be relatively unschooled, are put behind bars at lower rates than white Americans who didn't make it to graduation. In fact, American white guys with high-school diplomas are more likely to get tossed in the can than Guatemalan or Honduran fellows without them.

Regarding money: illegal immigrants are not the financial strain on the U.S. economy you believe it is. I could throw some numbers at you but my guess is it won't change your mind so I'll spare you the details

Old 11-17-2016, 12:09 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
"Undocumented immigrant" is a pc term for the correct "illegal alien" agreed to by MSM. Whatever name they go by, they need to be deported. If they are interested in becoming a US citizen, then they can proceed according to our immigration laws. Ever wonder why our nation suffers from poor test scores? It is because we have ESL students overwhelming our schools. The American people have spoken. OUT!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
"Undocumented immigrant" is a pc term for the correct "illegal alien" agreed to by MSM. Whatever name they go by, they need to be deported. If they are interested in becoming a US citizen, then they can proceed according to our immigration laws. Ever wonder why our nation suffers from poor test scores? It is because we have ESL students overwhelming our schools. The American people have spoken. OUT!!!!!!!!

Would the test scores be any better if they entered the country legally?

Be a man and admit that you don't like foreigners. Don't hide behind the test scores BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: