Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM

150 posts, read 646,503 times

Advertisements

I normally take the AirTrain, and then NJ transit. However, for my next trip, I would be returning late on a Saturday night. The flight arrival time is just 30 minutes before the last NJ transit train ... so there is very high chance of missing the last train. Next train won't be until early morning, about 4-5 hour later.

So I am thinking of using a car this time, and parking it near EWR for 4 days.

Checked a few websites, and while they advertise "starting with $5/day", the actual rate is higher, and with 21.9% taxes, and airport access fees, and other "junk fees" imposed by parking company, the net total is coming up to $12-$15/day.

Any recommendations where the TOTAL parking cost per day is $8 to $10?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
I used these guys a few months ago: Newark Airport Parking | Parking at Newark Airport | Newark Liberty

I think it was 9 or 10 bucks per day, all in. Easy to get to. Van follwed me in to their lot and picked me up as I parked. On return trip, called as we exited with bags and van was there within 5 minutes and dropped us by our car.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I used these guys a few months ago: Newark Airport Parking | Parking at Newark Airport | Newark Liberty

I think it was 9 or 10 bucks per day, all in. Easy to get to. Van follwed me in to their lot and picked me up as I parked. On return trip, called as we exited with bags and van was there within 5 minutes and dropped us by our car.
Thanks, HalfFull! Your link looks good, and it brings total per day cost to just under $10/day; I can live with that.

If any one has another reliable, cheaper recommendation, chime in!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:44 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,926,009 times
I saw groupon has promotion for $4 a day for Newark Airport parking. You may want to check it out.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:13 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,921 times
I use park plus. It's about $7/day + Taxes. Same deal as above shuttle when you need it etc. They also have a thing where you can drive to the Marriott at the Airport(which is across from terminal c), the guy gets in your car and drives you and picks you up in your own car. It's crazy convenient but is a $35 additional charge.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
I saw groupon has promotion for $4 a day for Newark Airport parking. You may want to check it out.
Found it...

Newark Liberty Parking Central Jersey Deal of the Day | Groupon Central Jersey

But it says no longer available!

Old 11-27-2013, 01:18 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,187,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I've used them as well and had a good experience. They are a bit difficult to find especially if you are coming from Rt 1 South or Turnpike South so do plan on spending a few extra minutes finding them the first time.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:41 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I've used them as well and had a good experience. They are a bit difficult to find especially if you are coming from Rt 1 South or Turnpike South so do plan on spending a few extra minutes finding them the first time.

Agreed. I was coming from Rt 78, so it was very easy from that direction, but from the south I could see it being tough.

I also saw lots of (spotted) vans for the Parking Spot and I think their lot was next to the place I linked above.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Newark Liberty Parking was awesome. Great price,great service and easy as pie. Used it this summer on an adult getaway and couldnt be happier. Left car early in the a.m and picked up car a week later late in the night and no problem at all. Actually payed online and used the voucher but you can always just pay when you exit. Its really your choice. Pull in leave car and pay when you want.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 AM

30 posts, read 71,812 times
I absolutely agree with the others about Newark Liberty Parking. We used them last month and were very pleased. Great price for which I did pay online. Pull in and park, shuttle picks you up at your car. Newer, clean vans, nice drivers. We were on our way to the airport in less than 2 minutes from pulling in. On the way back, I spotted a van across the lanes from the terminal. I was able to catch his eye and he waited for us to cross. Back to the lot and driven right to our car. As we tried to start the car, we found out the battery was dead. This is 11:30 pm. I ran to the office to tell them I would have to call AAA. The guy said "heck, I will just jump it for you." Directly next to him was a plugged in charger. We walked back out and he took care of it, no charge, but of course, I did tip him. We couldn't have been happier with this lot. We will definitely use them again! It was $40 for 5 full days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey