Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,303 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I had a four piece bridge installed in the front section ofmy teeth at end of May 2012. The dentistremoved my front caps and replaced it with a four piece bridge which was amistake since it was only one tooth that fell out. The dentist installed a temporary first and Iwas in terrible pain and both sides of the bridge was very uncomfortable. I could not help that my tongue was drawn toboth sides. The dentist stated thatdon’t worry it won’t feel like that when the permanent bridge isinstalled. The day the permanent bridgewas installed it still did not feel right. Now it was only the right side that Iwould pick the right side with my tongue as if there was something in myteeth. This has been going on for over ayear. At present my tongue, lips and theinside of my cheeks are so sore that it feels like the inside of my mouth hasshriveled up and my lips are swollen and dry. I told my dentist my mouth was bothering me so he told me to come in andwhen he looked inside my mouth he said that I should see my doctor because hefelt it was not from the bridge. I haveseen my internist and a dermatologist. One stated to clean my tongue, the other told me to take vitamin bcomplex. Both doctors stated if thisdoes not work I should go back to my dentist who installed the bridge. In the meantime my condition got worse whereit feels unbearable in my mouth. I feellike I got blisters on my tongue and I noticed it is red. I feel no one seems to believe me that thiscondition started with this bridge. I amso uncomfortable that I want it removed and get my caps back since it was onlyone tooth that fell out. I was talkedinto getting a four piece bridge by my dentist. He claimed that an implant would be too expensive. In the meantime the cost came close to$5,000. I should have had an implant forthe one missing tooth not a four piece bridge. This procedure has caused me pain anddiscomfort that I feel depressed that my mouth is not normal. I cannot live like this for the rest of mylife, plus the food gets all over my gums and in between the bridge. I find that the bridge is very hard to cleanand there are large spaces which looks like holes in the teeth. I fear that I’m going to lose my teethbecause of the difficulty in maintaining the appliance. It has been almost two years and my dentist even though I have complained about this again and again he now does not return my call, even though he waived half the bill. I don't know who to turn too. My lips, inside my lips and tongue are so sore and my lips are swollen and distorted looking. I can't live this way because it is going to get worse before it gets better. I also don't have dental insurance and I am living in affordable housing so money is limited. Please help!!! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
I don't think many of us are dentists here, me included, but you could try having the Dental school at what used to be called UMDNJ and is now Rutgers Med School in Newark give you a look.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:20 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singera View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I had a four piece bridge installed in the front section ofmy teeth at end of May 2012. The dentistremoved my front caps and replaced it with a four piece bridge which was amistake since it was only one tooth that fell out. The dentist installed a temporary first and Iwas in terrible pain and both sides of the bridge was very uncomfortable. I could not help that my tongue was drawn toboth sides. The dentist stated thatdon’t worry it won’t feel like that when the permanent bridge isinstalled. The day the permanent bridgewas installed it still did not feel right. Now it was only the right side that Iwould pick the right side with my tongue as if there was something in myteeth. This has been going on for over ayear. At present my tongue, lips and theinside of my cheeks are so sore that it feels like the inside of my mouth hasshriveled up and my lips are swollen and dry. I told my dentist my mouth was bothering me so he told me to come in andwhen he looked inside my mouth he said that I should see my doctor because hefelt it was not from the bridge. I haveseen my internist and a dermatologist. One stated to clean my tongue, the other told me to take vitamin bcomplex. Both doctors stated if thisdoes not work I should go back to my dentist who installed the bridge. In the meantime my condition got worse whereit feels unbearable in my mouth. I feellike I got blisters on my tongue and I noticed it is red. I feel no one seems to believe me that thiscondition started with this bridge. I amso uncomfortable that I want it removed and get my caps back since it was onlyone tooth that fell out. I was talkedinto getting a four piece bridge by my dentist. He claimed that an implant would be too expensive. In the meantime the cost came close to$5,000. I should have had an implant forthe one missing tooth not a four piece bridge. This procedure has caused me pain anddiscomfort that I feel depressed that my mouth is not normal. I cannot live like this for the rest of mylife, plus the food gets all over my gums and in between the bridge. I find that the bridge is very hard to cleanand there are large spaces which looks like holes in the teeth. I fear that I’m going to lose my teethbecause of the difficulty in maintaining the appliance. It has been almost two years and my dentist even though I have complained about this again and again he now does not return my call, even though he waived half the bill. I don't know who to turn too. My lips, inside my lips and tongue are so sore and my lips are swollen and distorted looking. I can't live this way because it is going to get worse before it gets better. I also don't have dental insurance and I am living in affordable housing so money is limited. Please help!!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I had an implant for a tooth that had a cap that went bad. The tooth had to be pulled. The dentist recommended a bridge. I did some research and determined that an implant, although more expensive and time consuming, was the way to go. I have no regrets about the implant. Just like a real tooth and pretty much permanent.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,980 times
Your story sounds like mine. I was talked into a 5 piece bridge and I wish to God I had gotten an implant instead. My dentist told me nothing about what would happen. I was completely lied to and scammed. I had two missing back teeth and just wanted to be able to smile again. I had no idea I would end up losing 2 perfectly good front teeth as anchors. I just want to rip this contraption off my mouth from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep. Now my mouth looks horrible, it feels even worse, and I'm so depressed I can barely stand to be alive on some days. They stole my front teeth without telling me - why would you do that to someone? I will never forget Denise at Lakeside Family Dental, and the way she very carefully talked me into getting a bridge by showing me these two ceramic teeth and telling me that for x amount of money I could go home that day with teeth in the back of my mouth. That's all I was told. One of the teeth feels so tight and uncomfortable - like it's constant pinching. The gum above it is dark. That use to be a perfectly good, beautiful tooth in the front of my mouth. Now I look hideous. I have a migraine on most days, I think because of the pressure of the bridge. I went through all this in an attempt to start going on with my life. I've been through hell and back and was just starting to appreciate life again... now I've pretty much lost faith in everything. I pray for a miracle every day now. I need to have this removed and get an implant piece of some sort. I'm only in my early 40's and can't imagine spending another year like this. I want to be happy again. I desperately, desperately want to be happy again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey