Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Point is , due to a traffic jam everyone thinks its the end of the world
it has nothing to do with it being a traffic jam. traffic jams happen all the time and its part of life. its because it was a deliberately caused traffic jam that affected innocent people because some politician (chris Christie) wanted someone to feel some pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 03:41 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimaG View Post
Not too smart, huh?

Caring or not caring is not a crime.

Everything Christie did is a crime. So that's where the outcry is coming from.

I'll grow some falls, but you might want to want to grow some brain cells.
Sure is a crime , it is a military crime that our government kept denying the call for help and back up not once but MULTIPLE times. These people were under fire and their lives were at risk and look what happened as they sat in their warm cosy office listening to murder happen. Those are called military crimes . Also they straight up lied to all of america , not a mayor or governor but OUR PRESIDENT and his buddies did. Bush? Hey i never supported the wars at all , i think that was the biggest mistake and false war but it has happened, and Obama has done nothing but continued the war or should i say multiple wars . There is too much corruption on both sides , and in all politics. I am not blaming anyone so i dont know why your attacking me directly , but that is the problem here. Rather then agreeing that a lesser crime or scandal is okay , it just needs to end period. Besides the wars , i think Bush did a lot better job then what we currently have.

I never said it was okay, as i stated in my earlier reply that it was wrong and consequences will now come out of it , but why is there SO much media and outrage about a traffic jam crime but not anything else thats been going on? New Jersey and NY is on the top list of political corruption , this is nothing new so people trying to justify that well my party is a lesser evil = NOTHING accomplished .

The outcry should be that ALL politicians needs to be punished.

I would rather have a governor make my kids late on a school bus then have a president and hillary telling me what difference does it make that your child is dead.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
That remains to be seen.

Like the hoboken mayor's claims.

Forget where you live?

This is NJ, land of insanely corrupt politicians, institutional graft and myopic dems of the hypocratic persuasion. To cry about the closure of two lanes of traffic while NJ suffers from serious and costly corruption that bleeds the taxpayers dry is what makes NJ a national joke.

Hey, how about that Federal investigation of Menendez that is current? "FINALLY A NAIL IN THE COFFIN!"
Agreed.

I think there is just an unfortunate democrat slant on these boards that makes this seem actually worse than it is. This isn't Watergate.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Default Public opinion seems to be just a bit negative...

...based on this incident today:

Chris Christie booed during Super Bowl 'hand off' ceremony in Times Square | NJ.com

Old 02-01-2014, 04:29 PM

456 posts, read 833,540 times
So if Christie resigns will Kim Guadagno be governor?

Old 02-01-2014, 04:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Of course he KNEW about the lane closures themselves, but the question is did he know why they were actually happening?

He's claimed he thought it was for a traffic study. Can anyone so far dispute that?…

Old 02-01-2014, 05:00 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
So if Christie resigns will Kim Guadagno be governor?
Yes, she would automatically succeed him.
However, there is (or at least, was) an active investigation into her "gaming" of the state pension system, so that a friend of hers from Monmouth County could double-dip, and it is just possible that with CC's falling fortunes, this investigation could take on new life.

Once the gubernatorial campaign began, somehow (draw your own conclusions) this investigation suddenly had its records sealed. And, more recently, the guy who was the chief investigator in this case was offered a position as a Superior Court Judge by our esteemed governor.
Quid pro quo, or coincidence?

So, yes, she would become governor, but between that pension-related investigation and the Hoboken allegations, she may not last very long in that position.

Time will tell--as will those who want immunity from prosecution...

Old 02-01-2014, 05:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
This news is not surprising to me. Hopefully all of the Christie supporters who are still in denial will finally wake up and see Chris Christie for who is really is.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:01 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Of course he KNEW about the lane closures themselves, but the question is did he know why they were actually happening?

He's claimed he thought it was for a traffic study. Can anyone so far dispute that?…
If Wildstein gets immunity we'll see what Krispie knew. Which means he knew EVERYTHING because getting these endorsements was his big priority last year.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
......He said through his attorneys that "evidence exists....trying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures."

You know, I have been saying all along this ends up with him in jail.

....but damn I am sad about this. There goes the only Republican I liked, a Morris County guy, a contemporary......

I have read a ton on this subject as there is a lot publicly available and I honestly believe this is but the tip of the iceberg.
Did you read Wildstein's lawyers letter? He left out the evidence.

The letter doesn't specify what the evidence is and Christie responded with:

Quote:
Mr. Wildstein’s lawyer confirms what the governor has said all along: He had absolutely no prior knowledge of the lane closures before they happened and whatever Mr. Wildstein’s motivations were for closing them to begin with,” the statement said. “As the governor said in a December 13th press conference, he only first learned lanes were closed when it was reported by the press and, as he said in his January 9th press conference, had no indication that this was anything other than a traffic study until he read otherwise the morning of January 8th.

“The governor denies Mr. Wildstein’s lawyer’s other assertions.”
I understand a lot of people hate CC with a passion, but until anyone has has all the facts, how does anyone know what CC knew or didn't?

I find it hard to believe that CC would toss Wildstein and whatsherface under a bus if they could actually link him to anything.

Did he learn nothing from Corzine and Carla Katz communicating through email?

I'm going to wait and see how it works out because I don't have any evidence or facts to prove he knew or he didn't. Should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey