Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 PM

14 posts, read 49,813 times

Advertisements

Hi, I don't know too much about Califon, except it's a small rural town that is outside Long Valley. You can get alot of property there, but many homes have wells and septic instead of sewers. There aren't many homes on the market right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
It's a beautiful area. Plus, you can get great sausage at "Rambo's" market.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 9,141 times
Default we just moved

hi we just moved to califon and can't wait to spend some great time out there to meet new friends... hope you consider it.. it is a way of life, but if you have kids I think they will love the relaxation and quiet of this place.. good luck...

Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,558 times
[quote=Bill Keegan;2225978]Califon is a nice little town on the eastern edge of Hunterdon County. It's similar to, and often talked about in conjunction with, the more well known town of Tewksbury.

Just to clarify, its not really that similar, nor is Tewksbury a "town". Its a Township. Nobody has a mailing address of Tewksbury. However, I 100% recommend moving there or anywhere in the vicinity. Its awesome-peaceful, friendly, and rural without being at all "hicksville". Best of both worlds.

Califon has basic necessities-grocery, pharmacy, pet store, chinese food, pizza, and a liquor store. Also a bookstore, gift shop, and tackle shop (although that might have closed down). Anything else you need you can get to within about 20 minutes.

It is extremely caucasion, as one other person mentioned. Voorhees HS which serves many surrounding towns has only about 5 African Americans in the whole school (about 1800 students).

Good luck. I hope you like it there. I wish I could move back!

Old 07-15-2008, 04:43 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,159 times
great area..a lot different than queens (not to say queens isn't great)

Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM

19 posts, read 36,396 times
I love califon. I grew up there and it is a fantastic place to live. Pricey -- but if you can afford it definately check it out!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM

6 posts, read 13,986 times
I too grew up at the califon carnival- summers in califon hold some of my best memories. I know a few of the Hildebrandts and the burds. It seems like the top five names around here are beam, hoffman, burd, hildebrandt, and apgar. As for the fireworks, they have landed on my house a few times. A number of my friends live around hill road/sliker/woodglen road.
Nicolas! I ate there last night. I am not sure what Mike you are talking about, but I wasn't even around in the 70s. They did some renovations though, to compete with the other 2 restaurants in califon. I still pick them.
The Burd boys are still around today, they make regular appearances at festivals in the area.

Did you go to Voorhees High?
It seems people who grow up around here always make their way back somehow, and if they didn't, memories stay with them. To me, this part of hunterdon county is one of the best places to grow up in America, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey