Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:26 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that's why they are all getting fat. there are no calories in smoking marijuana.
Marijuana not only gives you "the munchies", but by itself it also enlarges your fat cells. I have also been reading lately that it can sometimes affect short term memory.

And FYI, even though it is legal in Colorado now, it is still considered a federal offense there. So even if by CO state law you aren't breaking the law, you are still breaking the federal law, even when within the state borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Marijuana not only gives you "the munchies", but by itself it also enlarges your fat cells. I have also been reading lately that it can sometimes affect short term memory.

And FYI, even though it is legal in Colorado now, it is still considered a federal offense there. So even if by CO state law you aren't breaking the law, you are still breaking the federal law, even when within the state borders.
why is the fact that its a violation of federal law in any way important if you aren't going to be prosecuted? am I supposed to believe that something being illegal by federal law makes it wrong? no, that's not how I decide what is right and what is wrong.

and life gives you "the munchies." the fat people are the ones that don't control them.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
all of my wife's new friends are drinking wine on a nightly basis.
How scandalous.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
unfortunately I have a female family member in the Monmouth county jail for 6 months now and on my weekly visits the amount of young girls who are incarcerated for drugs is astonishing and not only drugs but prostitution to get money for drugs, every week new girls and we can tell they are on drug rehab since the jail uniforms are different colors. you could not believe the stories she tells me of what these girls do for drugs.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:50 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
unfortunately I have a female family member in the Monmouth county jail for 6 months now and on my weekly visits the amount of young girls who are incarcerated for drugs is astonishing and not only drugs but prostitution to get money for drugs, every week new girls and we can tell they are on drug rehab since the jail uniforms are different colors. you could not believe the stories she tells me of what these girls do for drugs.
Sounds like a really sad story . Its a pity that people have to turn towards drugs, for any reason.

Apparently, even with all the anti drug and peer pressure education in schools, people still continue to take part in using them. Why ?

A friend of mine admitted to smoking weed during his earlier days. He said that there is nothing "cool" about it, and just makes you feel a whole lot worse. Thankfully, he did not fall into the addiction cycle and quit within a few months owing to parental pressure.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-08-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
How scandalous.
no more or less scandalous than people using drugs.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
It just seems alarming the number of teens there and predominately female teens not the typical crack abusing types. Just regular teens you see walking around in malls and not even the weirdo looking ones. I'm talking small jacket/tanktop/jeals and holding iphones.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:53 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It just seems alarming the number of teens there and predominately female teens not the typical crack abusing types. Just regular teens you see walking around in malls and not even the weirdo looking ones. I'm talking small jacket/tanktop/jeals and holding iphones.
You mean they were white, suburban kids?

Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,474 times
Heroin use is epidemic in the suburbs now. Cheaper than painkillers.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
On a recent trip to the city court in Woodbridge due to a moving violations ticket. I've witnessed several teenagers attending mostly young suburban girls all were present to answer to illegal substance possession charges.

The judge was nice enough to dismiss 2 of them on grounds the quantity and the defendant's plea wasn't enough to presswarrant any penalties. There was one girl who had repeat offenses the judge orders her to attend rehab session. And one guy fined for like $580+ in penalties and court fees due to illegal substance.

Most of the working adults attending are like me there for traffic related fines and the prosecutors was able to cut deals on the side and made it a swift session with the judge.

So is it that common for teenagers these days to be abusing drugs or is it just that area. Woodbridge NJ.
My guess it was mostly from Pot charges. Woodbridge is somewhat affluent. It doesn't strike me as a Meth, Crack or Cocaine type town.

NJ is stupid in not legalizing the wacky tabacci yet. Of course once they do the cops will be up and arms that they can't give out tickets for it which affects their funding and pensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: