Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
NJ is stupid in not legalizing the wacky tabacci yet. Of course once they do the cops will be up and arms that they can't give out tickets for it which affects their funding and pensions.
if you take away the "war on drugs" how much money do you think gets taken away from the criminal justice apparatus? i always see these stories in the newspaper about our hero cops arresting someone buying drugs. im not really sure what people are expected to feel when they read the story. happy the person got arrested and think the cop did a great job? i just get angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
When people lump everything together as "drugs" there is a BIG difference between smoking mother nature and getting started with hard drugs. According to the local county folks here in NJ 4 out of 5 people who try heroin never become productive people and die from it. Some sooner and the rest later but that stuff is a NO GO from the start.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:16 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Hard drugs is much harder to combat. Even if you offer a medical grade replacement, I doubt many would come forward to use it. It's not gonna give the abuser the same sensation and they would never ween away from the real thing.

The only way is intervention and that can get pretty expensive.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM

i cant see ever being ok with putting someone in prison for drug use. however, im open to other ways to regulate/criminalize it if its really going to be such a society killer (which i don't automatically accept that it would be).

Old 05-09-2014, 02:15 PM

112 posts, read 328,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Sounds like a really sad story . Its a pity that people have to turn towards drugs, for any reason.

Apparently, even with all the anti drug and peer pressure education in schools, people still continue to take part in using them. Why ?

A friend of mine admitted to smoking weed during his earlier days. He said that there is nothing "cool" about it, and just makes you feel a whole lot worse. Thankfully, he did not fall into the addiction cycle and quit within a few months owing to parental pressure.
Simply put, because most of the stuff teens are told in regards to weed and drinking is nonsense and only gullible sheltered people wind up believing it.

Case in point, many years ago when I was in high school, most people I knew drank underage even though even though there was propaganda everywhere saying drinking was horrible unless you were 21 then it was magically ok. There was one girl we knew who refused to drink and swore up and down she would never drink in her life because she actually believed the nonsense that they spewed in school. Fast forward a few years later and Im visiting my hometown for the holidays and catch her college aged self drunk as a skunk.

Also, when I was in high school it was alot easier to get drugs than alcohol. Nowadays with the steady supply of painkillers available in medicine cabinets probably more so.

Last edited by cerveza; 05-09-2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerveza View Post
Fast forward a few years later and Im visiting my hometown for the holidays and catch her college aged self drunk as a skunk.
did you bang her?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Default in NJ 4 out of 5 people who try heroin never become productive people and die from it.

Wow, so 80% of people that try heroin die from it. Can you share a link to that stat.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 PM

112 posts, read 328,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
did you bang her?
No, never had a thing for her, we were just friends in the same social circle. it was kinda hilarious to people who knew us because I always told her shed drop the dare act and turn into a lush when she got to college.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerveza View Post
No, never had a thing for her, we were just friends in the same social circle. it was kinda hilarious to people who knew us because I always told her shed drop the dare act and turn into a lush when she got to college.
you don't have to have a thing for a girl just to bang her. you just need to want to bang someone at that moment and she is the person that says yes.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 PM

749 posts, read 921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
Heroin use is epidemic in the suburbs now. Cheaper than painkillers.
It is more than just being cheap. Drug dealers know that if they can hook someone on Heroin, they have he/she forever........it is very hard to get off Heroin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: