Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 PM

38 posts, read 266,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
There is an excellent Italian restaurant in Toms River. I've only been there twice and the name escapes me. I know you get off the G.S. pkwy south at the Seaside exit (RT 37) go east to first trafiic light and take the jug handle (RT.166) and head north. The restaurant is in a small strip mall on the left side. I guess it's maybe a mile and a half north of 37. The name will come to me and I'll let you know. It just came to me I don't know if I'm spelling it correctly. How about Ilgiardinelo
Found it on Google Maps - unless there is more then one, it appears it is in Forked River? (Only 22 minutes from where I live, according to the directions). it indeed is right off of the parkway, though it says it is on Route 9. Regardless, I will take your word for it and try it out! :-) There are so many areas in and around Toms River we have not explored; in my old stomping grounds (Manville in Somerset County), you can explore the entire town in about 20 minutes or so There are some areas in Toms River that might as well be in Alaska as far as we are concerned; just haven't been able to see the entire town! So all of these suggestions are great!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 10:13 PM

38 posts, read 266,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
Rivolli's Has some of the best Italian food around. The size of their Dinner plates is just astounding. One plate is big enough to feed at least 4. Lot's of great leftovers, AND it's right on Fisher blvd.
Another interesting choice - I've only avoided them because of ONE review I read online But now that I have a POSITIVE review, I will try them

Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,802 times
Default Don't eat at the Rainbow Diner!!!

Although many people like this diner's food, you are supporting the all to familiar Jersey Shore restaurant sweat shop! The owner houses his immigrant workers in local neighborhood houses that are rundown, dirty, and overhoused by as many as 10 tennents per dwelling.

Overcrowding is a huge issue that not only affects the tennents but thier neighbors as well.

Giving your hard earned money to a man that treats employees like this is just plain wrong!

Old 02-07-2007, 02:26 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
WE love the outback in Brick, Chinese food, there is a great place off 571 in Toms River I would have to ask my mom the name since she lives in manchester...Italian food, route 70 ippolito;s their pizza is awesome and some of their dishes are good too...I will get back to you with some more...

Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Rivoli's that is the name I was looking for
that was great italian food......

Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 PM

93 posts, read 307,392 times
Rivoli's Restaurant - Fischer Blvd, Toms River
Hot Tomato - Fischer Blvd, Toms River

These are two really good Italian restaurants (expecially Rivolis)

Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherinelady View Post
Rivoli's Restaurant - Fischer Blvd, Toms River
Hot Tomato - Fischer Blvd, Toms River

These are two really good Italian restaurants (expecially Rivolis)
My favorites are Il Giardino in Forked River and Villa Vittoria in Brick (owned by the same people).

Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM

136 posts, read 751,703 times
Rivoli's.. Can't EVER go wrong there. And you walk out VERY full! It's great.

Charlie Browns is a smaller chain thats great. I LOVE Charlie Browns!

Diners.. take a ride down to Beachwood for the Sand Castle Diner... BEST diner in the TR area in my opinion.

The Office Lounge is good. I haven't been there in some time but we always enjoy going there (they are one of the few establishments that accepts reservations). They tend to be more relaxed and the food is often times better on a Sunday VS Saturday. WEIRD observation, but the whole family agrees.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:53 PM

19 posts, read 96,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yclept View Post
Hello!

Moved from Central NJ (Somerset County) to Toms River last August. For those who live or have lived here, what are some of your favorite restaurants? (Especially Italian or Chinese). We love the "Olive Garden", but I was thinking more of the smaller, lesser-known establishments We live off of Fischer Ave
I'm moving to toms river end of year. Any "don'ts"?? Do you know of the Emerald Apartments on Rte 166N off 37S? Looks like a nice place at least on-line.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:21 PM

15 posts, read 61,348 times
Default I just moved from Toms River last June...*m

not by choice! I lived right off Fischer near the intersection of 37.. I love Full House for Chinese. It's located on Rt 37, all the way down by the Wal-Mart, yet they still offered free delivery to my house. For pizza, I loved Charlie's Pizza in the Shop Rite shopping center. Also, Franks Pizza in Lakewood (Home Depot Shopping Center on Rt 70) and another great place for pizza is Maruca's on the Seaside boardwalk. Maruca's is basically a hole in the wall type place, but their pizza was awesome. Oh how I miss it!

I'm hoping to move back someday. I had to move to Connecticut due to husband's job transfer but I sure do miss the NJ shore, the pizza and the bagels. Can't even get that here in CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey