Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 4,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Westfield has a excellent reputation as well. Personally I would look in monmouth county. Rumson, Fairhaven, Littl Silver etc.....Close to the beach as well and you can take the Seastreak Ferry to NYC....
We love the modern feel to the homes in Rumson, and they seem decently priced. We also found it great that it right near the beach since our kids love the beach. We currently live in an Oceanfront home, and my 15 year old is finding it hard to part with the nearby beach! How are the schools in Rumson? Can you give me a little more information on how community life is, some opportunities that come with Rumson, etc? Like I said in my previous post, anything coming from someone who has experienced the town would be helpful. What is nearby? Is it close to multiple amenities or does it require a lot of driving to get from place to place?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 09:02 AM

5 posts, read 4,971 times
Looking further into Rumson, it is extremely appealing to us. Can anyone elaborate on Rumson? Is it a large tourist town? We live in a popular tourist town right now where many people just buy summer homes. We are looking for a town that is not over populated with tourists, although, we don't mind as long as there are plenty of people living there all year, and one has that warm community feel year round. How is Rumson in regards to the community? Also, I read online that the schools are great, so that is very appealing. Any other information would be extremely helpful!

In addition to that, how is the price of the ferry opposed to the price of the train as far as commuting into New York City?

Thank you for all of the help thus far; it has been greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey