Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2006, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,544 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for information on what towns that are suburban near north jersey. I currently live in Vineland way down south jersey which is about 1 hr from Philly or Atlantic City. I don't like the city life but am looking for a town that is decent and good to raise a family. Also a town that jobs pays well and aren't more than 30 min drive to. I have a 7 year old daughter. I'm looking for a town within driving distance from West New York, NJ. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 PM

6 posts, read 27,777 times
Hi i live in new milford nj it is quiet and very nice easy commute i was just looking to move to vineland how is it is it bad and do they have good public transportation New milford Village is a nice garden complex and its the suburbs

Old 07-26-2006, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,544 times
Hi,
Bergen County is a great place to raise a family. Also many corporate offices are located nearby. I have two daughters myself and school was very important to me. I work for Century 21 office in Paramus, you can contact me via e-mail sarah@century21.com.

Last edited by Viralmd; 03-04-2009 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: NO real estate advertising

Old 07-26-2006, 06:47 PM

183 posts, read 1,263,631 times
Default stay away from vineland

are you crazy!!! stay away from Vineland and anywhere near Cumberland County. Unless you want poverty, low income, crime, horrible school system, and for transportation try your feet. I grew up in Vineland and moved out 18 years ago its not the same. It's just a shame that i have to go back and visit family once a year. My father will never leave he has been there for 76 years. If you want to know more read "the dailyjournal.com"

Old 07-27-2006, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 27,777 times
thanks for that information i was wondering why it was so cheap how about Mullica township

Old 07-27-2006, 11:35 AM

10 posts, read 138,105 times
Default West NY NJ

Well, if you need to be near West New York.....

The town houses on the hudson in West New York, NJ are FABULOUS!! My sister lives in Jacobs Ferry next to the Landings and there are a lot children in the gated neighborhood. Plus the views of NY are to DIE FOR!
My sister just bought a bigger place in the neighborhood and is selling her 2br townhouse. I wish I could afford it!

As far a *true* suburban neighborhood in Northen NJ, I'd suggest Ridgewood or Warren.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:13 PM

295 posts, read 320,548 times
Why would anyone want to move from one part of New Jersey to another? This state is so over crowded, has too many stop lights and stop signs, a cop hidden in every unimaginable spot looking to write a speeding,no seat belt, or talking on the cell phone ticket, the highest property taxes, a millionaire Governor who ruined the finances of the state by racking up a 7 billion dollar deficit.
If I were you move out of the state like me and thousands of other residents are doing or want to do but can't!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey