Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:01 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xynthee View Post
Just wanted to set that straight. Sounds like you were screwed over, but you can be happy you didn't actually "pay into it."

Best of luck to you.
I've been lucky enough to never have to collect on my unemployment insurance. The state of new jersey has been automatically taken payments out of my check for close to 40 years. So yes, if your setting things straight, we, residents that are employed in NJ pay into the fund as do the employers also. But the state pissed the money away and raided the fund for years because they never thought that we were going to have a bad recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 PM

5 posts, read 107,107 times
Default Unique question

I also have a unique unemployment question. I have held 2 jobs for the last three years. At first they were both part time and then Full time at one and part at the other. I quit the part time job in July. I was laid off from my full time job earlier this december. Now I did something i shouldn't have and stole $100 worth of gift cards from the part time job in april. My boss knew and continued to let me work there until july when i quit because i needed to apply more time to the full time job in order to get a significant raise. When i quit i got a call from my part time employer saying my shifts were short over the last weekend i worked there, and if i didn't pay that as well as the value of the gift cards back he would involve the police. I told him i didn't do that and would only offer to pay the value of the gift cards back so he involved the police. I had a claims examiner interview and she said the part time employer sent the form back saying they fired me due to drug use and theft. She called both employers and told me she could not reach the full time employer but did reach the part time employer and they said that it was true they got a note from me saying i quit in order to get a raise at my full time job but they would have fired me anyway due to drug use on the job. I then received a call from my full time employer saying he backed my story up when he returned the claims examiners call. Will I be eligible to collect unemployment in NJ? Will I be denied due to misconduct from my part time job? I haven't heard back from NJ unemployment yet, but it hasn't been the 8 days she said it would probably take. I'd just like to know if anybody was in a similar situation. Im broke and sick of pasta

Old 01-14-2012, 07:42 AM

9 posts, read 24,205 times
@jerseyman: Uh yes, everyone pays into all of the governmental programs! Try not only looking at your paystubs (that is if you work) but doing the research of where and how your money is spent. If you really think that the government prints out monies to help every day citizens, then please stay away from the polls! They use our funds and maybe a little of their printings to fund these programs. So what i a family that needs assistance for life stays on welfare, at least the children can eat and have medical care. You sound like the politicians who want to keep all of our money and **** on us at the end of the day! How the heck do you think that this country was founded, on lies and thievery! Yes, there are people who collect welfare and don't work, i befriended a few of them that were the wives of doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, politician, etc. who collect welfare under their maiden names because they don't work! Now tell me if that isn't fraud?

It is strange how people forget that their money also makes the lives of athletes, celebreties so lavish but they focus on something that actually helps people. Start checking on your investments such as the sports teams, actresses, actors, etc. and question why your money is continuously wasted on them while they are acting a fool? Why can"t we claim them on our taxes since we fund their careers? Do your research before you post please....Have a nice Martin Luther King Day!

An additional note to everyone: please stop worrying about people doing what they do because no one is gathering to impeach not one politician who is taking, taking and taking from all of us for years! People have lost their loves ones fighting a war that was started over lies and no one is doing a darn thing about it but they are too busy worrying about the 'little man' and how they are living their lives....wow, no wonder people aren't going to school to be doctors anymore, they are going to be the next politician! More money is made in that position with no questions asked....wow!

Last edited by redcherryatlanta; 01-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: sentence structure

Old 01-15-2012, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 830 times
My claim in nj ended 1/15/2012. but have a balance on tier 2. when i went to certify for this week it said
[FONT=Arial]The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 01-16-2011 has expired.
No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time.

If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a
new claim. You may file a new claim at
[/FONT][URL="http://www.njuifile.net/"][FONT=Arial]www.njuifile.net[/FONT][/URL]

[FONT=Arial]or you may call your Reemployment Call Center during regular working hours,
Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm at the following numbers:
[/FONT]

So i did a new claim, but i have a partime that pays only $50 week. Should i call or just wait. bcause ive read that i can reopen or reinstate the claim due to EUI tiers available. can someone explain to me if i made a mistake in filing a new claim today. thanks

Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcherryatlanta View Post
@jerseyman: Uh yes, everyone pays into all of the governmental programs! Try not only looking at your paystubs (that is if you work) but doing the research of where and how your money is spent. If you really think that the government prints out monies to help every day citizens, then please stay away from the polls! They use our funds and maybe a little of their printings to fund these programs. So what i a family that needs assistance for life stays on welfare, at least the children can eat and have medical care. You sound like the politicians who want to keep all of our money and **** on us at the end of the day! How the heck do you think that this country was founded, on lies and thievery! Yes, there are people who collect welfare and don't work, i befriended a few of them that were the wives of doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, politician, etc. who collect welfare under their maiden names because they don't work! Now tell me if that isn't fraud?

It is strange how people forget that their money also makes the lives of athletes, celebreties so lavish but they focus on something that actually helps people. Start checking on your investments such as the sports teams, actresses, actors, etc. and question why your money is continuously wasted on them while they are acting a fool? Why can"t we claim them on our taxes since we fund their careers? Do your research before you post please....Have a nice Martin Luther King Day!

An additional note to everyone: please stop worrying about people doing what they do because no one is gathering to impeach not one politician who is taking, taking and taking from all of us for years! People have lost their loves ones fighting a war that was started over lies and no one is doing a darn thing about it but they are too busy worrying about the 'little man' and how they are living their lives....wow, no wonder people aren't going to school to be doctors anymore, they are going to be the next politician! More money is made in that position with no questions asked....wow!
Cherry I was replying to another poster who said that the employer pays for unemployment not the employee. I'm 100 percent for people being able to collect their insurance money back. So before you think that I'm against it read the whole post and why it was written. You have a happy MLK day also.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
I would say anyone committing that type of fraud needs to be prosecuted. It's not even the "wives" of doctors and lawyers either. There are plenty of stories about the "poor" who have learned to scam the system as well. I know an accountant that could tell you stories that would make your head spin about some of the games people play with child tax and earned income credits. Regardless, fraud should be prosecuted regardless of class and it often isn't.

As for people who "live" on welfare, that's just not something I can agree with. Public assistance to help people who fell on hard times in order to keep a rood over their heads and food on the table until they can stand up, I can agree with that. Supporting generations on public money is something that I simply can't agree with. If you can't afford the basic needs for your kids without welfare, then you shouldn't have kids.

Quote:
There is a big difference between the groups you are comparing. I can choose whether or not to attend the sporting event, movie release, buy the merchandise, etc. of athletes and celebrities. I can guarantee you that there are plenty of athletes and celebrities who do not have one red cent of my money in their pocket.

However, you can't say the same for people on public assistance. As a tax payer, they all have some of my money in their pocket. That means that inherently, I do have an interest in how those people choose to live their life.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM

3 posts, read 8,306 times
Greetings everyone! Here is my question: does anyone know exactly how the 'Claim Balance after Payment' (CBaP) amount is calculated? My numbers for a recent period were 2400 for the PRIOR CBap, Gross Amount of Payment was 1200, Earnings were 320, Pension was 178, Net Amount of Payment was 942. So far, so good. My issue is with the NEW CBaP; instead of what I think it should be (2400 - 1200 = 1200) the DOL say it is 1280! It turns out this is a big deal because at the end of this tier I will have some 'breakage' that prevents me from getting the full weekly benefit for the next tier (which will be EB). Thanks for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey