Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
You can still do it believe me (even though it's "illegal".) This proposal will eliminate 3,000+ jobs!
could you imagine how many jobs could be created if we made it illegal for people to feed themselves? you would have to hire someone in every house that will put the sandwich or forkful of food in your mouth. unemployment would be wiped out overnight.

i enjoy full service gas but i can not support government mandating it. it seems insane to me that government can mandate something that is totally unnecessary. government shouldnt have the power to issue such a law.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:50 AM

493 posts, read 385,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
could you imagine how many jobs could be created if we made it illegal for people to feed themselves? you would have to hire someone in every house that will put the sandwich or forkful of food in your mouth. unemployment would be wiped out overnight.

i enjoy full service gas but i can not support government mandating it. it seems insane to me that government can mandate something that is totally unnecessary. government shouldnt have the power to issue such a law.
Bad comparison. Oregon is another state with full-service gas station.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,149,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

The initial reason for the full service law was for "safety". Yet somehow the residents of 48 other states manage to pump their own gas without blowing themselves up.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:55 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:

However, there is currently an effort to eliminate that facet of life in Oregon.
Recently, the Oregon legislature passed a law permitting self-service gas stations in areas with a low population density.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/morristo...ice-stations-0

Old 05-18-2015, 11:34 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
However, there is currently an effort to eliminate that facet of life in Oregon.
Recently, the Oregon legislature passed a law permitting self-service gas stations in areas with a low population density.
My god, it's the beginning of the end for them. All those extra jobless people will destroy their economy.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
is this guy a serious poster or is he like that one guy that keeps posting about the blue laws in bergen county?

why is my comparison bad?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:12 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Jeepers, if only there was some half-measure that would just allow Self and Full service lanes...
Quote:
But is living without someone to pump my gas really surviving?
Quote:
My god, it's the beginning of the end for them. All those extra jobless people will destroy their economy.

I want you to know that I really appreciate your sense of humor, Jay, but I'm not sure that everyone else..."gets it".

Old 05-18-2015, 12:16 PM

398 posts, read 984,850 times
Wait, its illegal to pump gas ourselves in NJ?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:32 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Yet somehow 48 other states manage to survive without these jobs.
Yes they do and those collecting welfare checks thank you for your support.
If it wasn't for welfare and pump your own gas, they would have to take those minimum pay pump jockey jobs like they do in NJ.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:41 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Quote:
At one time all gas stations were full service until the Oil companies figured , we can get those dummies to pump their own gas and don't even have to give them a discount.

I know everybody is in a hurry these days. Working 60 hrs+ a week doesn't leave much time for sitting in a gas station waiting for the jockey especially when you have to get home for the daily obligatory conference call with your work partners in India and China.

Suckers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey