Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:21 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
At one time all gas stations were full service until the Oil companies figured , we can get those dummies to pump their own gas and don't even have to give them a discount.

I know everybody is in a hurry these days. Working 60 hrs+ a week doesn't leave much time for sitting in a gas station waiting for the jockey especially when you have to get home for the daily obligatory conference call with your work partners in India and China.

Suckers.
what is this guy talking about?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:25 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I want you to know that I really appreciate your sense of humor, Jay, but I'm not sure that everyone else..."gets it".
Well, you can't always pick your audience. Just put out the best work you can and let it find its home.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:26 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what is this guy talking about?
Doesn't that pretty much sum up this entire thread?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:37 PM

19,131 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Doesn't that pretty much sum up this entire thread?
I tried to "rep you" again, Jay, but the powers-that-be won't allow me to do it.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Ok , so I understand this ,you guys want to pump your own gas knowing that .........

1) Gas will not get cheaper or less expensive .

2) You will have to stand in the freezing cold and rain when you need gas .

3) Your wives and girlfriends and or mothers and daughters will also have to stand in the freezing rain if they need gas ,or you will do it .

4) Gas will not get cheaper by doing this and unemployment in the state will go up .

5) You will stink of the smell of gas .

Who the hell thought of this and why is he not in jail ?

Old 05-19-2015, 08:06 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Ok , so I understand this ,you guys want to pump your own gas knowing that .........
I don't want wipe my own butt either. can government make a law banning wiping your own butt so I can keep an attendant in my bathroom to do it for me?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:07 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I don't want wipe my own butt either. can government make a law banning wiping your own butt so I can keep an attendant in my bathroom to do it for me?
Tune into the next episode of Dirty Jobs, where host Mike Rowe takes on his nastiest job ever....

Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

1) Gas will not get cheaper or less expensive .

2) You will have to stand in the freezing cold and rain when you need gas .

3) Your wives and girlfriends and or mothers and daughters will also have to stand in the freezing rain if they need gas ,or you will do it .

4) Gas will not get cheaper by doing this and unemployment in the state will go up .

5) You will stink of the smell of gas .

Who the hell thought of this and why is he not in jail ?
Makes sense to me. The same people complaining about the govt. will be complaining about the 3,000 new people getting govt. assistance(unemployment).

Old 05-20-2015, 11:08 AM

839 posts, read 1,209,404 times
Bill was crushed before it even got to the Senate and it seems it will not happen.

Self-Serve Fueling In New Jersey Already Runs Out of Gas | Chatham, NJ Patch

New Jersey drivers can pump up the radio, pump the brakes, or even pump their fists, but one thing’s for sure: They won’t be pumping their own gas.

Just days after state senator Declan O’Scanlon said he was sponsoring a bill that would allow the Garden State’s fueling stations to have self-serve and full-serve options, Senate President Stephen Sweeney is saying: No way.

Sweeney said that as long as he leads the state Senate, he won’t allow the bill to be posted for a vote, essentially making it dead, according to northjersey.com.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:28 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,408,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
NJ Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon Proposes Self-Service Gas Stations « CBS New York

I don't think his proposal will go anywhere, just like other previous proposals. Vast majority of New Jerseyans love full-service gas pump. This will also eliminate thousands of jobs = higher unemployment rate! Don't get fooled that gas will be cheaper because it won't.
I would love if this did progress through and become law. i don't buy that it would "eliminate thousands of jobs". you still need attendants at gas stations employed to take payment/monitor security. it would eliminate some jobs, but then, so does EZ PASS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey