Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM

29 posts, read 83,293 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any libraries that have upcoming book sales, consignment shops (I already went to Once Upon a Child), or anywhere else that sell inexpensive/used books/toys/games etc in the Morris County area? I am a Kindergarten teacher and I'm hoping to get as many items as possible at a lower cost before buying new items. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 11:24 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Morristown Library:

Morristown & Morris Township Library :: Calendar Event

For toys & games (and more books), there are local Facebook groups, for example "Morris County New Jersey Buy & Sell", and "Swap/Sell/Shop - Essex/Union/Morris". There are always kids' toys on those pages. And I think there are local kid/baby-specific Buy/Sell/Swap Facebook pages as well.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:31 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Randolph Library is having their annual sale of books/dvd's on the weekend of 9/12

Township of Randolph: Library

Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times
You might also check out flea markets. As our son grew I worked many flea markets selling toys, books, etc. that he had outgrown. I met many teachers at these flea markets who were shopping for their classes.

Also, Barnes & Noble has a teacher discount program. Educators | Barnes & Noble

As does Staples. Staples Rewards® - up to 5% back in rewards and free shipping on staples.com®

I believe with Staples you can combine teacher rewards with a regular Staples rewards card. Not sure if you can combine B&N teacher discount with their regular discount card.

Joann's Fabrics & Crafts has a 15% off for teachers: Shop for Teacher Rewards Program & Shopping supplies | Jo-Ann

Michael's Arts & Crafts also offers 15% off.
Teachers: Create For Your Classroom

PBS offers free videos & print-outs (you can search by grade level.)
PBS LearningMedia

If you Google teacher discounts or teacher appreciation day than you should find even more.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:45 PM

861 posts, read 2,718,428 times
You can get some great scores at local garage sales too!
These days there are even many "garage sale pages" on facebook and such, you don't even need to leave your house!

Old 08-18-2015, 04:30 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
While it is not in Morris County, I can tell you that the Princeton Public Library has a "sale section" that contains a wealth of wonderful, barely-used books selling for--usually--only a couple of dollars.

If you want a nice day away from your usual haunts, I suggest that you plan an outing to Princeton, where you can avail yourself of some incredible bargains at the public library (the "sale section" is located just to the left of the entry doors), and you can also enjoy the nearby (free!) Princeton University Art Museum.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
While it is not in Morris County, I can tell you that the Princeton Public Library has a "sale section" that contains a wealth of wonderful, barely-used books selling for--usually--only a couple of dollars.

If you want a nice day away from your usual haunts, I suggest that you plan an outing to Princeton, where you can avail yourself of some incredible bargains at the public library (the "sale section" is located just to the left of the entry doors), and you can also enjoy the nearby (free!) Princeton University Art Museum.

Also, stop in to the Firestone Library on the Princeton campus & see the Cotsen children's library. You'll see adults walking around in wonder also.
Cotsen Children's Library
Directly to the left of it is an exhibit space where they have some interesting exhibits (I think it changes twice per year.)

In the Spring come down to the West Windsor branch of the Mercer County Library when they have their book sale. On the last day you can fill an entire bag with books for $4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey