Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

The camera companies are lobbying hard for this. I hope they don't succeed.

Beware of red light cameras in 2016 | Editorial | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:13 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The camera companies are lobbying hard for this. I hope they don't succeed.

Beware of red light cameras in 2016 | Editorial | NJ.com
Before I even read this, that would be horrible.
A total extortionist scam causing people to slam on brakes, extorting money from everyone.
Some people do push the limit on going through red lights, just leave that to human traffic cops.

I am glad NJ got rid of them and hope we NEVER have that unsafe horror scam back.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:09 AM

27 posts, read 26,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I am glad NJ got rid of them and hope we NEVER have that unsafe horror scam back.
Yes I hope they never come back.

Here's hoping that the towing companies and their predatory scams leave too.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:38 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Easy enough to beat red light cameras don't go through a red light. Contrary to popular belief, the yellow does not mean speed up.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:48 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Easy enough to beat red light cameras don't go through a red light. Contrary to popular belief, the yellow does not mean speed up.

Right, and tolose weight you just eat less and exercise more.

the liberal world, that produces unassailable theoretical logic, falls flat when the cold wind of reality blows.

Best to slam on your brakes if you have any doubt that a red light camera is in operation. Don't worry, the out of staer that slams into you will be at fault and that should be some comfort while you undergo surgery and rehab for permanent injuries sustained.

The cameras are money making schemes to supplement the bs tickets some towns in NJ hand out like candy.

Remember the ename of the legislator who is championing these cameras and do not re-elect him.

"Wisniewski (D-Redflex) is the leading recipient of campaign cash from the Australian company that is in the midst of a scandal over the alleged bribing of politicians to install those infernal red-light cameras at intersections."

Old 12-29-2015, 06:49 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
My friend dated a guy from Ohio who came to NJ regularly on business. He said that was one of the first differences he noted. People in Ohio see the yellow light and slow down, people in NJ see the yellow light and speed up. My friend said she explained to him that that's what the yellow means--you don't have much time before it turns red, so hurry up!

Old 12-29-2015, 07:16 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,171 times
I didn't know these cameras had gone away. I got a red light ticket a few years back on Montgomery St in Jersey City for doing a right on red.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:19 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My friend dated a guy from Ohio who came to NJ regularly on business. He said that was one of the first differences he noted. People in Ohio see the yellow light and slow down, people in NJ see the yellow light and speed up. My friend said she explained to him that that's what the yellow means--you don't have much time before it turns red, so hurry up!
I know all abut NJ drivers I was one for 50 years. Everybody is in a hurry and nobody wants to be early for work so you leave with no extra time. Why waste 5 min at a stop light when you can sneak right thru until you get caught then it's the red light camera fault.

You are not alone they do the same in NC the only difference is if their turning it's too much trouble to give a signal or maybe they think it's NOYB.

Obnoxious drivers are everywhere, just more of them jammed into NJ.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:29 AM

132 posts, read 290,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Right, and to lose weight you just eat less and exercise more.

the liberal world, that produces unassailable theoretical logic, falls flat when the cold wind of reality blows.

Best to slam on your brakes if you have any doubt that a red light camera is in operation. Don't worry, the out of stater that slams into you will be at fault and that should be some comfort while you undergo surgery and rehab for permanent injuries sustained.

The cameras are money making schemes to supplement the bs tickets some towns in NJ hand out like candy.

Remember the ename of the legislator who is championing these cameras and do not re-elect him.

"Wisniewski (D-Redflex) is the leading recipient of campaign cash from the Australian company that is in the midst of a scandal over the alleged bribing of politicians to install those infernal red-light cameras at intersections."
Yes I read an article about that... bribing politicians... I read it, it happened in Puerto Rico. Red Light Cameras were gone, once the news outlets made it publicly known, there was bribing going on.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
It hasn't been proven that they increase safety. Then there are all the people that erroneously get tickets making legal right turns on red, as well as the accidents caused by stopping short at the intersections. If they can't clearly prove that they increase safety, then what IS clear is that they are only there as a revenue stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey