Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM

359 posts, read 2,592,793 times

Advertisements

The other day i was thinking to myself and contemplating if I really like New Jersey and by NJ I mean North Jersey or if i just liked being so close to NYC. But I realized that I really do like North Jersey for what it is. I got to thinking, that if North Jersey was all one big city people would probably say that it was a great city. But because its right next to NYC it gets shadowed. So if you are sceptical about North Jersey just consider that if Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Passaic counties were boroughs and all the towns and cities were just neighborhoods like in NYC then "North Jersey City" would be way more diverse though not as exciting it would probalby become exciting over time because of the connection between neighborhoods. So just think about that next time you say NJ sucks. Especially all you Central and South Jerzy people who say North Jersey is dirty, when alot of it is actually nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 AM

10 posts, read 41,740 times
Everyday I feel much better for moving to NJ, I took this picture from the same spot in each season...If need'it I will work 2 Jobs just to pay my bills, but I know for sure my kids will have the best education and the best view.

ps: Morganville/Marlboro/Monmouth NJ

Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,626 times
Wow! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures. Thanks for posting them. And CrazyJerzyKidUNO, thanks for your post. I also love NJ and wouldn't want to live anywhere else...

I've lived in other states and other countries but the grass is always greener in my own backyard!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,832 times
Nice pics!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 10,724 times
Those pictures are really amazing... who would of thought new jersey was that amazing.. you see so many things that you never thought you would..

Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,775 times
Thank you so much for these posts! My husband and I are trying to make a decision on whether or not to make the move to NJ. And all I've been reading on city data is how miserable everyone is because of the cost of living. So the fact that there are at least TWO people in the state who love it makes me feel a bit more confident. Thanks!!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,887 times
beautiful pics. i love the idea of the same scene i different seasons...

Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,500,550 times
yeah but - how much are your property taxes on that "nice view"?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 PM

562 posts, read 2,614,951 times
more than 2 people that love NJ.. the people that post negative stuff are basically whinning and find this forum as a way to let their feelings out.. but most people that love NJ don't post much.. b/c they are happy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Coder View Post
Thank you so much for these posts! My husband and I are trying to make a decision on whether or not to make the move to NJ. And all I've been reading on city data is how miserable everyone is because of the cost of living. So the fact that there are at least TWO people in the state who love it makes me feel a bit more confident. Thanks!!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 PM

316 posts, read 1,248,807 times
Talking I love New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJerzyKidUNO View Post
The other day i was thinking to myself and contemplating if I really like New Jersey and by NJ I mean North Jersey or if i just liked being so close to NYC. But I realized that I really do like North Jersey for what it is. I got to thinking, that if North Jersey was all one big city people would probably say that it was a great city. But because its right next to NYC it gets shadowed. So if you are sceptical about North Jersey just consider that if Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Passaic counties were boroughs and all the towns and cities were just neighborhoods like in NYC then "North Jersey City" would be way more diverse though not as exciting it would probalby become exciting over time because of the connection between neighborhoods. So just think about that next time you say NJ sucks. Especially all you Central and South Jerzy people who say North Jersey is dirty, when alot of it is actually nice.
Hi , I love nj I wouldn't live anywhere else. I have been to many states in this great nation they were nice to visti but don't want to live there. livingston and chatum are very nice my son goes to school in Chatum, And I live in Central Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey