Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 04:16 AM

1 posts, read 678 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is kory. I live in penns grove Nj. I recently bought my first apartment. I have a daughter and a girlfriend. I am 21 years old. Typical guy right, well just as i thought i was being the best father i could be for my 3 yr old. I buy an apartment. now before i moved in the landlord told me that she was going to fix what needed to be fixed. Like six new windows that also dont have shades/blinds. New patio blinds, new door knob, new doors, new bathroom wall. See i may be young but that doesnt mean not do your job! From the secound week of the first month ive asked for this stuff to be fixed. Its now june 29 and i still need those things to be done. I pay full rent for half the quality. Ive been told my landlord has no care for her tenants. Just the money. Well i would love to get what im paying for right? I have proof of the things that need to be fixed. Ive only been here for two months. Should i get a lawyer? Decrease my rent? Or just move? I really could use all the help i can get from you people. And i am not made out of money so dont say just buy a new apartment lol please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 04:43 AM

324 posts, read 575,441 times
You did not "buy" the apartment, you rent it.

Do not believe anything the landlord tells you, unless it is in writing. Do you really think she's going to make all of these improvements to the apartment? She only told you she was going to do these things to get you to rent it. Unless there is something that makes the apartment unlivable (none of the things you mentioned), she is not required to fix anything.

Do not pay less rent because you are unhappy. Pay your full rent on time and move when your lease is up. Read your lease - if you move early, you likely will be responsible for an extra month or two of rent payment.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:32 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
How can you not know difference between buy and rent???

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,442 times
Sniff, sniff... the scent of troll? What other posts in this forum have you searched for answers?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:49 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,869,313 times
Can I get the question in the form of a question?

I'm not sure what's being asked here, is it that your landlord hasn't fixed the things they said they would fix?

Is it in writing?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
If it's not in writing then you are at the landlord's mercy.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
Do you have a lease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: