Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Exactly. I agree, it never is rocket science for those who have a clue...

The problem, as I see it, is that those who voted for Murphy just shot themselves in the arse.

And now I'm going to have to pay for their stupid.

They can't afford him to be governor if he follows through on his "campaign" promises.

They're just too dumb to know it.

I tend to listen to NJ 101.5 when I'm in my car - and these folks who planned on and did vote for Murphy? They just don't get it.

They rent, so an increase in property taxes will not affect them....

They like their pot (currently illegal in NJ), so when The Murph makes pot legal in NJ? That's a good thing! What they don't understand is that they aren't going to be paying illegal dealer prices for a dime bag any longer.

Sanctuary State? What's the problem with that? We are all immigrants!!! Even those born in the USA!!!

That's the IQ of a Murphy voter.

Can't even pretend to fabricate the ignorance.
Both of these candidates were terrible. None will fix NJ's fiscal problems. Legalizing weed is going to be raise a lot of revenue that will raided by be the politicians for increasing their personal wealth. Little of the new revenue will go to solve any fiscal problems. The fiscal condition of the state is embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 AM

252 posts, read 459,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Both of these candidates were terrible. None will fix NJ's fiscal problems. Legalizing weed is going to be raise a lot of revenue that will raided by be the politicians for increasing their personal wealth. Little of the new revenue will go to solve any fiscal problems. The fiscal condition of the state is embarrassing.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:31 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Sanctuary state and higher taxes. Who would have guessed that would be a winning platform..
From an outside perspective on your election, the filth of Chris Christy filtered onto his second in command, and New Jersey had a national reputation as a very corrupt slimy place under him and his administration. It is amazing that most of the posts I have read here are against a change in administration, and think that this is the end. What makes you think that the Republican candidate is better? People are sick and tired of lies, and corrupt politics under a banner of conservatism. To those that don't understand the 53%, just look at the chaos around you.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:02 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Is a befuddlement!

liberals revile the rich, despise the rich, embrace wall st protestors and somehow find the logic to elect another democrat gazillionaire.

Yes, the party of the working class who hates rich republicans and capitalism and all it stands for, decides that an uber wealthy goldman sachs alum is who they want to represnt them.

Who are these people????????????

Old 11-08-2017, 10:05 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Is a befuddlement!

liberals revile the rich, despise the rich, embrace wall st protestors and somehow find the logic to elect another democrat gazillionaire.

Yes, the party of the working class who hates rich republicans and capitalism and all it stands for, decides that an uber wealthy goldman sachs alum is who they want to represnt them.

THIS^^^^^^ Exactly

Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Is a befuddlement!

Really makes you go hmmmmmm.......

Old 11-08-2017, 10:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
Quote:
Is a befuddlement!

Who are these people? These are people that are so tired of Republican lies, deception and incompetence that have made NJ and the country a laughing stock. Honesty before social status any day of the week, month, or year. On the other hand, who are the people that would vote again for an uber corrupt administration to continue to breathe and continue for four more years? Bridgegate, beachgate, helicoptergate and every other gate has made NJ seem like the voters had lost control of their state, and would just take a beating no matter what. Use your head.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:55 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
You'd think with the comedy of errors by Christie and crew the margin would be much higher. Either Kim adopted Trumpism and made it closer than expected or Murphy is more trash than I expected. I'd choose the latter since sanctuary state and higher taxes are what he campaigned on.

NJD FTW but I'm kinda glad I left this state 5 years ago.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:57 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Who are these people? These are people that are so tired of Republican lies, deception and incompetence that have made NJ and the country a laughing stock. Honesty before social status any day of the week, month, or year. On the other hand, who are the people that would vote again for an uber corrupt administration to continue to breathe and continue for four more years? Bridgegate, beachgate, helicoptergate and every other gate has made NJ seem like the voters had lost control of their state, and would just take a beating no matter what. Use your head.
Guess the Dem's didn't have another horse, hence the Corizine clone

Old 11-08-2017, 11:49 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Guess the Dem's didn't have another horse, hence the Corizine clone
The republicans totally backed the wrong candidate IMO. I knew there was no way that Guadagno could distance herself from Christie. I've been saying that since before the primary election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey