Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
We all pay for each other's problems in this country.
The only problem is that NJ taxpayers already pay too much in the way of taxes and such then couple that up with paying for other states problems = doesn't bode well with hard working and many $ struggling NJ-ians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:19 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
If everybody did it they'd never be able to catch up.

Yes I DO believe that anything they say is low.

I DON'T BELIEVE THEM!! I don't follow those in the sheeple that would believe them if they said it will snow in July.
ok so that's a crazy idea. Its not about catching "everybody", it's about catching "one". now if you want to play russian roulette with your house go ahead but I'm not about to do it for an idea that would change NOTHING.

The object of a protest should be to affect change. not paying our property taxes will not lower them, it will only give job security to the people who run the sheriffs sale. You claim it would send a message? I can't even figure out what the message is from this thread.

now you say that the money they take in should cover the expenses? what proof do you have that they are not? where do you assume the money is going?

You say your not a "sheepale" but in reality you very much are. You are spouting mismanagement simply on two incidents of high property tax without any credible evidence (or at least none that you've posted).

What does your township spend on police, infrastructure? school funding?

Old 11-29-2017, 06:31 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
The only problem is that NJ taxpayers already pay too much in the way of taxes and such then couple that up with paying for other states problems = doesn't bode well with hard working and many $ struggling NJ-ians.
Yes, and NJ receives more than it gives to the federal government.

There's a thread in P&OC, at least there was, where some idiots were trying to argue this isn't true. P&OC seriously kills brain cells.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
ok so that's a crazy idea. Its not about catching "everybody", it's about catching "one". now if you want to play russian roulette with your house go ahead but I'm not about to do it for an idea that would change NOTHING.

The object of a protest should be to affect change. not paying our property taxes will not lower them, it will only give job security to the people who run the sheriffs sale. You claim it would send a message? I can't even figure out what the message is from this thread.

now you say that the money they take in should cover the expenses? what proof do you have that they are not? where do you assume the money is going?

You say your not a "sheepale" but in reality you very much are. You are spouting mismanagement simply on two incidents of high property tax without any credible evidence (or at least none that you've posted).

What does your township spend on police, infrastructure? school funding?
Sure things cost money no doubt about it, but the monies are being squandered imho and NJ-ians shouldn't stand for it.

My responses have been my opinion so no source is warranted as those sources wouldn't be believable to me anyway.

Just like for example we were supposed to believe in the polls in the 2016 presidential election - how did that work out?

I want the powers that be TO PROVE whatever. Words and numbers on paper mean .

I'm not alone in my opinions on NJ's financial BS believe me as only ones in the sheeple will bow to anything their powers that be say.

I'm not going to just "bend over" to believe them because they say I should.

Corruption is NJ's middle name imo.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:56 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Sure things cost money no doubt about it, but the monies are being squandered imho and NJ-ians shouldn't stand for it.

My responses have been my opinion so no source is warranted as those sources wouldn't be believable to me anyway.

Just like for example we were supposed to believe in the polls in the 2016 presidential election - how did that work out?

I want the powers that be TO PROVE whatever. Words and numbers on paper mean .

I'm not alone in my opinions on NJ's financial BS believe me as only ones in the sheeple will bow to anything their powers that be say.

I'm not going to just "bend over" to believe them because they say I should.

Corruption is NJ's middle name imo.

ok, that seems fair. Now if word and numbers are meaningless, exactly what do you use as proof? Exactly how are they to "prove" their spending? when I got audited by the IRS numbers on paper are what saved my backside.

So why should I believe you? that's not a snarky question that's totally serious. You want NJerysians to lead a revolt, you want us to jeopardize our homes on your say so? you have got to give them a reason to do so.

As of yet, all I've seen is your "opinion". call me a sheeapale all you want but sorry Your "opinion" is not enough for me to get into legal and financial trouble.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
ok, that seems fair. Now if word and numbers are meaningless, exactly what do you use as proof? Exactly how are they to "prove" their spending? when I got audited by the IRS numbers on paper are what saved my backside.

So why should I believe you? that's not a snarky question that's totally serious. You want NJerysians to lead a revolt, you want us to jeopardize our homes on your say so? you have got to give them a reason to do so.

As of yet, all I've seen is your "opinion". call me a sheeapale all you want but sorry Your "opinion" is not enough for me to get into legal and financial trouble.
Let me preface: My responses to you are NOT personal, just a discussion between adults.

Just as you ask why you should believe me, then why should you believe them?

I was not calling you a "sheeple" I wasn't referencing you unless you tell me that you are such.

The IRS is another bad joke imho. The governmental system overall is a joke imo.

A percentage will keep on "bending over" and pay the whatever and whenever tax increases without wondering where those increases are actually going where they say they are.

It's just something about Cory CRooker that puts me in a mood, but then I LOL as well as and remember what he (cough-cough) stands for imo.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 AM

585 posts, read 492,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yes, and NJ receives more than it gives to the federal government.

There's a thread in P&OC, at least there was, where some idiots were trying to argue this isn't true. P&OC seriously kills brain cells.

NJ is a provider state meaning it gets less from the federal government then it gives.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
NJ is a provider state meaning it gets less from the federal government then it gives.
lol That’s what I meant to say. I was very tired when I typed it.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:42 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
Why should the rest of the country pay for NJ's problems? How about we get spending under control.

Does the double standard deduction not count?

Elimination of AMT?

Cory Booker is a clown.

how about other states actually force their residents to fund their own state instead of replying on tax dollars from those in NJ,CT,CA, and NY.
The old GOP line used to be that the states know better, if NJ provides services and NJ residents chose to pay for them, why is that suddenly bad, when states like MS and LA feed at the trough from our tax dollars.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:53 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Tax Plan Calculator by Maxim Lott

The tax cut is good as long as you don't have high property tax.

Solution? NJ Politicians need to work together to lower the property tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey