Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 04:18 PM

23,643 posts, read 17,329,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaka View Post
Since I’m not familiar with NJ, it can be confusing, sorry! I should be working around New Brunswick, and live either in the Franklin Park area or Highland Park—in that circle around NB, maybe a little more up North just so NB is in the center. Does that help?

And does horse country and many boarding facilities means relatively reduced fares, or not at all?
Branchburg/Readington, perfect. just down the road,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 08:23 PM

40 posts, read 27,803 times
Thank you! I'm keeping these suggestions on my notepad. I'm excited to explore NJ!

Old 02-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaka View Post
Thank you! I'm keeping these suggestions on my notepad. I'm excited to explore NJ!
I have seen horse on the Delaware Raritan canal. they even has some event a few years ago. runs from the deleware river to new Brunswick. some parts filled in by Trenton.

Check out the div of fish and game for wildlife management area where horseback riding is allowed by permit Alexauken, South Branch Black river Capoolong are within striking distance.

[SIZE=3]Horseback Riding[/SIZE]

This is allowed only on designated WMAs (listed below) with a permit ($25.00 per person, per calendar year, plus $2.00 application fee) purchased from the Division of Fish and Wildlife's license Web site at www.nj.wildlifelicense.com. For information, call 609-259-2132.
Permittees are responsible and liable for any damage which may occur and shall abide by regulations for use of Wildlife Management Areas. Areas on which horseback riding is currently permitted in designated areas are:
Flatbrook, Paulinskill River* and Whittingham, Sussex County
Black River and Wildcat Ridge*, Morris County
South Branch*, Morris/Hunterdon counties
Alexauken Creek and Capoolong Creek, Hunterdon County
Assunpink, Monmouth County
Colliers Mills and Greenwood, Ocean County
Medford, Burlington County
Glassboro, Gloucester County
Winslow, Camden County
Bevans, Union Lake and Peaslee, Cumberland County
Higbee Beach* and Tuckahoe (MacNamara), Cape May County
*Horseback riding permitted only on existing and established roads and designated trails on these Wildlife Management Areas.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Six mile run property which is 10 minutes down rt 27 south to cortelyous lane from new Brunswick also allows horseback riding and links directly with the deleware Raritan canal trails

Six Mile Run | New Jersey Trails Association
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey