Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,750 times

Advertisements

I want to take the NJ Transit from the north and get to...let's say Kennedy and 10th.
Would I get off at Seacaucus or Hoboken? (I could easily get to Grand Central in Manhattan, but don't know what to do from there).
I'd prefer taking the light rail , but don't want to walk too far.
How is that neighborhood safety , cultural ,and eaterywise??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 02:51 PM

72 posts, read 281,956 times
Hmm Secaucus would be the closest at the Secaucus Junction, buses are spotty in that area during the weekend. I recommend calling or jumping in a cab to UC. 10th street is too low if you wanna get a real feel of Union City. Everything starts gettings lively once you're above 30th street, especially on Bergenline Ave.

If you do take a cab to Kennedy and 10th, at Kennedy you could jump on one of our "Immi" vans for 1.50 and ride up Kennedy BLVD. Yell Next stop once it makes a turn (going towards NYC, this bus also goes to Port Authority). Get off at Bergenline and walk north. Plenty of stores, eateries of all latin american countries, and if you're a guy (which I do assume BKGUY), there will be plenty of beautiful spanish women around.

Good Luck

Old 03-26-2008, 03:02 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Reading your post I have no idea where you're coming from... You mentioned Grand Central. If you're coming from there, go over to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and take a bus to Union City. NJTransit.com has an itenerary planner where you can enter your start point (Port Authority Bus Terminal) and your end point (Kennedy Blvd & 10th Street) and it will give you the bus route, schedule and fare. If you prefer the light rail, well it doesn't have a stop very close to that point. You could take the PATH from NYC to Hoboken, switch the the Hudson Bergen Light Rail and (A) get off at 9th Street/Congress Street, take the elevator up to Congress, walk up Paterson Plank Rd toward the Blvd and get to 10th, which is over a mile walk, or (B) get off the light rail at Bergenline Avenue and take a jitney down to 10th and then walk west a couple of blocks to the Blvd.

I'm not sure about things to do or eateries in that area of UC. There's a ton of "stuff" on Bergenline Avenue in the 30s-70s (Union City, West New York, North Bergen).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey