Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM

47 posts, read 145,486 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to bring a car to the Newport area of Jersey City? Do most places have assigned parking? Is it easy to find street parking? How about surrounding cities? I know Hoboken and Weehawken are difficult. I'm looking to get into NYC in under 30 minutes commute via mass transit. PATH seemed like an excellent option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHippo View Post
Is it possible to bring a car to the Newport area of Jersey City? Do most places have assigned parking? Is it easy to find street parking? How about surrounding cities? I know Hoboken and Weehawken are difficult. I'm looking to get into NYC in under 30 minutes commute via mass transit. PATH seemed like an excellent option.
there is limited metered street parking, which wouldn't work if you plan on being there all day. you can park at the mall lots or at the ferry lots, and there is a garage next to the path station

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
Are you looking to move to one of these cities? Or just looking for commuter parking? If you want to live in JC and can afford it, many of the condo buildings have their own parking facilities. Most Apartments do not.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM

44 posts, read 172,029 times
There isn't any free parking in Jersey City (around Newport Mall) that I am aware of. You can risk parking in the Staples/Target lots... or the Shoprite/BJs lot.. but will more than likely get towed or worse. The rest of the parking is paid.

As RobRiguez mentioned, if you are coming to live.. your apartment/condo/townhome will probably have some sort of parking arrangement (free/assigned/rented), otherwise commuter parking is paid-only.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHippo View Post
Nope. No parking. Be prepared to pay for a garage.. You can troll around for a spot and get lucky.. Hoboken and Wee are worse than JC. Make sure you know how to parallel park real well. You'll need it.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 38,609 times
no parking around newport mall .and don't risk to leave it on the free parking near shopright there is a towing scam called danny's towing they hired a bunsh of theives spotting people to tow their car and make them pay 200 dollars to get their car. be aware most of time they operate between 9 and 12 they have a red and a white tow truck.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,320 times
street parking is for residents only and it's almost impossible to get the meter parking. For resident parking permit, you will need to apply for it. Even you get the permit, I doubt you can get the space as there are so many people living in those rising building park on the street. If you just want to look for commute option, there are 2 options you can consider:

1. PATH:
You can park in garage in Journal Square, Harrison or Newark and then take the PATH.
2. Light rail:
You can park in Liberty State park Park&Ride and take light rail to Newport. Then switch to PATH if you need to get into city.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Used to be plentiful and free back when the area was abandoned buildings and 6 ft tall weeds.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
dude what is ur origin before getting to jersey city???? You may not need to drive here at all!!!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 PM

303 posts, read 752,202 times
quickest way into ny is TO LIVE IN ny!!!!! JC is not ny so please dont come here with the mentality of "this is the 6th borough, so its like living in ny,hawwahahwha"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey