Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:48 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,677,766 times

Advertisements

While I did stay close to the waterfront, hence the great view, we did explore deeper west of that area. Sure, some places were a bit run down, but it wasn't like I felt scared for my life. There wasn't really anything I saw that I didn't like.

Sorry for the positivity lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 AM

79 posts, read 72,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
You made a snide comment implying what the 'real' Jersey City is, so I replied with a sarcastic response.

You arrived in Jersey City in the late 80s and think you're an expert on what the real Jersey City is? When you first got there, I was barely out of elementary school but already riding the PATH by myself, jumping turnstiles and sneaking into the Cineplex Odeon at the brand new Newport Mall to watch cinematic masterpieces like Weekend at Bernie's and A Nightmare on Elm Street 4. I remember when the PATH fare was 50 cents, and I remember dropping PATH tokens into a coin slot. So please spare me your Jersey City expertise, genius.

I was born in Jersey City, baptized in Jersey City, beat by nuns as a small child in Jersey City. My family has been, and is still, all over Jersey City. Going back decades. Since before you even got there. Greenville, West Side, Bergen-Laf, JSQ, McGinley Square, 5 Corners, the Heights, and then all points Downtown and also Port Liberte.

JC is only ~1.5 square miles smaller than Manhattan, and like any city, it is, and has always been, comprised of many different neighborhoods. You don't get to dismiss certain parts because you don't like them. Just like other people on this forum don't get to dismiss ALL of Jersey City as being not "real NJ", and the entirety of Northeast Jersey as being not "real America".
LMAO same. Born, raised baptized, and all. I am an expert sorry.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:21 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinsuranceguy201 View Post
sorry
Good. I accept your apology.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:29 AM

638 posts, read 2,244,369 times
Downtown JC has really been on the upswing along with other parts of town. I'm not sure how long it will continue. PATH overcrowding has become so bad it may be easier to commute to the city form Queens or Brooklyn. Unless infrastructure catches up with the population growth, I am not sure how it can continue to grow.

On a side note: Downtown needs a good seafood place!

Old 06-08-2018, 10:07 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
Downtown JC has really been on the upswing along with other parts of town. I'm not sure how long it will continue. PATH overcrowding has become so bad it may be easier to commute to the city form Queens or Brooklyn. Unless infrastructure catches up with the population growth, I am not sure how it can continue to grow.

On a side note: Downtown needs a good seafood place!
Have you had Just Be Claws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: