Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 09:15 AM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,895 times

Advertisements

I live in East Hanover and we had a problem this summer where the mayor would make extra money if a condo development was built on the industrial street near where I live. The town made a website where people can protest about it online. Somebody wrote that there is too much commercial traffic in the town, which is taking away East Hanover's suburban feel. They mainly are talking about the tractors that drive only 25 mph on main roads. I actually agree with that person, but in my opinion, there are too many commercial vehicles in NJ and they just slow down traffic and they just add length to the traffic. It's so damn annoying. There are also too many non-commercial pickup drivers in NJ and they drive selfishly either too slow or super aggressive.

I feel that NJ has too many commercial vehicles causing traffic issues especially in the suburbs of NJ. It is very annoying. I cannot even leave my own street onto the main road. I guess blue collared job opportunities in NJ are very abundant. Every time I want to turn out of my street, there is always a redneck pickup truck passing (whether commercial or not) and other commercial vehicles. It's not even summer and I am seeing too many landscaping vehicles around when not too much yardwork needs to be done.

Also, I would like to talk about other general traffic issues in NJ. Recently, there have been a lot of cops holding up traffic. They block off a lane for no reason and they do absolutely nothing. They just sit there. NJ cops and too many commercial vehicles impact my quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 09:36 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I feel that NJ has too many commercial vehicles causing traffic issues especially in the suburbs of NJ.
Please explain for us how the thousands of stores in NJ would receive their goods if not for commercial vehicles that deliver those goods.

No commercial vehicles=no goods for sale in your local stores, and that includes food products.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:49 AM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Please explain for us how the thousands of stores in NJ would receive their goods if not for commercial vehicles that deliver those goods.

No commercial vehicles=no goods for sale in your local stores, and that includes food products.
I totally understand what you are saying. But there is an excessive amount of trucks! Grocery stores and stores overstock on things all over America, which shows how wasteful of a country we are!

Old 11-29-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Grocery stores and stores overstock on things all over America
Stores intentionally purchase more goods than they can possibly sell? Please provide a link to an article from a legitimate source in order to substantiate your statement.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:54 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Stores intentionally purchase more goods than they can possibly sell? Please provide a link to an article from a legitimate source in order to substantiate your statement.
You are about to enter the twilight zone....

Old 11-29-2018, 10:02 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Amazon deliveries and Uber add extra vehicles also. It’s killing traffic in nyc

Old 11-29-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
You are about to enter the twilight zone....
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.
That's the signpost up ahead—your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Old 11-29-2018, 10:11 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.
That's the signpost up ahead—your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Exactly!!

Old 11-29-2018, 10:44 AM

1,620 posts, read 3,775,992 times
So replacing industrial parks with condos adds too many commercial vehiculs?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:10 AM

4,182 posts, read 5,066,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Amazon deliveries and Uber add extra vehicles also. It’s killing traffic in nyc
+1

Whatever happened to them using drones for deliveries?

{ducking & running}

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey