Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 02:26 PM

111 posts, read 90,861 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am considering an apartment in Passaic park.
Any thoughts about whether it would be a good investment to buy/live there vs West New York, NJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 11:53 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,337,794 times
Where do you work?

Old 02-22-2019, 12:22 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,905,740 times
Neither location is quite known as up and coming.

If you're looking for investment potential then I would probably look at WNY before Passaic; since its close to Manhattan and may end up getting gentrified in the far future as the Hoboken/JC Waterfront crowd look for cheaper housing. Plus, I've heard of proposals for a ferry service between this area and Manhattan; which would boost desirability...not sure if the plans will ever reach fruition.

Passaic Park is considered the nicer part of Passaic but I don't ever see any part of Passaic experiencing a sharp increase in property values any time soon.

Also keep in mind that they're two completely different types of areas...maybe I'll be wrong.

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 02-22-2019 at 01:20 PM..

Old 02-22-2019, 05:37 PM

4,178 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post

If you're looking for investment potential then I would probably look at WNY before Passaic; since its close to Manhattan and may end up getting gentrified in the far future

LOL

That ship has already sailed. The closer you are to the waterfront, the better, but even interior WNY is over $600K for the nicer homes.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...-NJ,-07093_rb/

Old 02-22-2019, 06:07 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
LOL

That ship has already sailed. The closer you are to the waterfront, the better, but even interior WNY is over $600K for the nicer homes.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...-NJ,-07093_rb/
Yep, WNY and Union City are selling because Hoboken and downtown Jersey City prices are insane.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:25 AM

79 posts, read 119,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post

If you're looking for investment potential then I would probably look at WNY before Passaic; since its close to Manhattan and may end up getting gentrified in the far future as the Hoboken/JC Waterfront crowd look for cheaper housing. Plus, I've heard of proposals for a ferry service between this area and Manhattan; which would boost desirability...not sure if the plans will ever reach fruition.

Passaic Park is considered the nicer part of Passaic but I don't ever see any part of Passaic experiencing a sharp increase in property values any time soon.

Also keep in mind that they're two completely different types of areas...maybe I'll be wrong.
Yeah this really is not accurate. West New York IS and has been gentrifying for a while now. It is also a MUCH better investment than Passaic. I find it hilarious that people say Jersey City is gentrifying outside of downtown yet are not aware of places like Union City and West New York.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:52 AM

595 posts, read 1,557,913 times
It will take a VERY long time for union city and west new york to change...their school systems are horrible and the areas are very dense, but in a bad way. but they are way better than passaic.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:43 PM

650 posts, read 774,171 times
All Hudson County schools are not good.

Union city real estate is booming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduflow View Post
It will take a VERY long time for union city and west new york to change...their school systems are horrible and the areas are very dense, but in a bad way. but they are way better than passaic.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:14 PM

595 posts, read 1,557,913 times
weehawken schools are actually good and getting better

Old 02-23-2019, 11:23 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduflow View Post
Union City sends 75 percent of its graduating seniors to college. That’s pretty high for a low income district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey