Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 12,108 times

Advertisements

I live in NY and am disabled and have no family. I have 1 friend who used to help me but she moved to NJ. Does anyone have any info on housing for disabled in Central NJ. I'm very independant, and want to live on my own and my friend will help with errands. If you know of any resources, please advise me! Thanx, LucyMtz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 05:03 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
What kind of disability do you have?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 PM

531 posts, read 2,149,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyMtz View Post
I live in NY and am disabled and have no family. I have 1 friend who used to help me but she moved to NJ. Does anyone have any info on housing for disabled in Central NJ. I'm very independant, and want to live on my own and my friend will help with errands. If you know of any resources, please advise me! Thanx, LucyMtz
Try this site- New Jersey Housing Resource Center | Find Housing

Old 04-27-2008, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 12,108 times
I have a degenerative spine with no feeling in my hands and feet, not to mention recuperating from Breast Cancer.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyMtz View Post
I have a degenerative spine with no feeling in my hands and feet, not to mention recuperating from Breast Cancer.
I also have spine problems, thankfully I haven't needed anything more then a cane, but the day is coming where I'll be using a wheel chair for going out shopping. Driving there, then having to walk is getting to me.

Are you looking to buy or rent? I'd imagine you'd like 1 floor living if you are buying.

If you are getting state aid, there should be help that you can get. Are you getting medicare / medicaid?

Where about in Central Jersey do you want to be located?
With the cancer, do you need to go back to a hospital or can your care get transferred? Robert Wood medical center in New Brunswick is a great cancer center as they have the Cancer Institute across the street.

Let us know exactly what you are needing so that we can get you the help you need.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 10,462 times
Default Maybe I can help.

Hi Lucy, My name is Lori. I own a home that I purchased for my terminally ill parents. My father passed away last summer and my Mom on August 10th.Now I have to find a way to cover my mortgage. The home is in Crosswicks NJ.It is completely remodeled for wheelchairs, in the downstairs unit.My parents aide is still living in the separate upstairs unit.The home is clean,and has a big open floorplan.If you needed any help I know Ellen is now scrambling to find work and would probably work something out with you, for as much or as little as you need, and she is very reasonable . The home sits across from open farmland and has lots of beautiful tress surrounding it. It is a very"homey" and tranquil setting. Everything in the home is designed for a disabled person to be able to live there independently. I hope this sounds interesting to you so perhaps we could help each other out. Lori

Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,419,499 times
Unfortunately the OP posted back in April 08, over a year ago, I would imagine she's settled in wherever she is. Your place sounds very nice, maybe some organization or even a church would know of someone who it w/b ideal for - would either try that or advertise in the local paper (check references, credit history etc) if you're not looking to sell yet. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,462 times
Default Thank you

Thanks for pointing that out to me. In my confused grieving brain not much is registering.I did place a couple of ads and contacted a couple of agencies.Thank you again for you compassion.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,552 times
hi live in burlington county in south nj. i have weak muscles and need a place without steps, and low cost. does anyone know any places? im 32, male, im hygenic, i take care of myself, dont drink or do drugs and very considerate to other people. also, i will relocate if need be. thank you for your response.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loricrvn View Post
Hi Lucy, My name is Lori. I own a home that I purchased for my terminally ill parents. My father passed away last summer and my Mom on August 10th.Now I have to find a way to cover my mortgage. The home is in Crosswicks NJ.It is completely remodeled for wheelchairs, in the downstairs unit.My parents aide is still living in the separate upstairs unit.The home is clean,and has a big open floorplan.If you needed any help I know Ellen is now scrambling to find work and would probably work something out with you, for as much or as little as you need, and she is very reasonable . The home sits across from open farmland and has lots of beautiful tress surrounding it. It is a very"homey" and tranquil setting. Everything in the home is designed for a disabled person to be able to live there independently. I hope this sounds interesting to you so perhaps we could help each other out. Lori
I have children that live in new york. I am 800 miles away and disabled. They would like for me to live closer. Is the place still up for rent. I can pay but not much. Let me know ecd041862 at aol dot com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: