Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 08:47 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person2020 View Post
Hi,

I resigned my job on March 13. Of course, i am unable to land a job.

Am i eligible for some kind of pandemic assistance benefits?
If you resigned, then no.

If you have other reason that lead to you resigning, maybe. But it is hard to proof. For example, have you approach HR to adjust your concerns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 09:32 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I'm sorry to all of you for all of your troubles!

If I qualified for a UE claim, I'd be livid however I have other reasons to be livid.

My question is: Where's Gov. Murphy in all of this???

He doesn't care less except to find ways to raise tolls, taxes, etc., to take more $ away from you all IMO!
I don’t think there’s much he can do. This problem is in all states, in fact worse in some (Florida). There are way too many applying for them to keep up. They are already trying to bring back retired workers to help. He inherited an antiquated system and in fact are looking for people who know COBOL to help. In terms of things like the 13 week extension, which I am waiting for, they are still waiting for Federal guidance on how to roll it out. For sure it’s frustrating but I’m not sure what you think a different governor could do to make it quicker.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
If you resigned, then no.

If you have other reason that lead to you resigning, maybe. But it is hard to proof. For example, have you approach HR to adjust your concerns?
Actually if you resigned for Covid related reasons such as caring for a child who is out of school or even because you live with a vulnerable person and fear exposure, you can qualify under CARES.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:39 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,602 times
Quote:

My question is: Where's Gov. Murphy in all of this???
Apparently you haven't been reading about the unemployment claims problem in Florida with its Republican governor.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
Apparently you haven't been reading about the unemployment claims problem in Florida with its Republican governor.

I would say the same if we were speaking about him.

I call whomever out when I disagree, even if I voted for them.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,602 times
Quote:
We were not speaking him. YOU brought him. Again.

We get it. You hate him. Story is old.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:

I call whomever out when I disagree, even if I voted for them.
Florida is actually more on Rick Scott than the current governor. He went out of the way to let go of staff and change rules to make it more difficult to apply for Florida unemployment in order to discourage people from applying.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think there’s much he can do. This problem is in all states, in fact worse in some (Florida). There are way too many applying for them to keep up. They are already trying to bring back retired workers to help. He inherited an antiquated system and in fact are looking for people who know COBOL to help. In terms of things like the 13 week extension, which I am waiting for, they are still waiting for Federal guidance on how to roll it out. For sure it’s frustrating but I’m not sure what you think a different governor could do to make it quicker.

I respect your response, but with the $ mess NJ always seems to be in one would think with all the $ tax and otherwise receipts that the antiquated system shouldn't be so antiquated.

I say that when government is involved, watch out and hope for the best!

Like for instance I still didn't get my $1200.00.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Florida is actually more on Rick Scott than the current governor. He went out of the way to let go of staff and change rules to make it more difficult to apply for Florida unemployment in order to discourage people from applying.

I wonder if it's because people were BS-ing the system - I don't know.
Otherwise, it's his fault IMO.

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I respect your response, but with the $ mess NJ always seems to be in one would think with all the $ tax and otherwise receipts that the antiquated system shouldn't be so antiquated.

I say that when government is involved, watch out and hope for the best!

Like for instance I still didn't get my $1200.00.

Well there’s a lot to upgrade. The same antiquated systems are in play for Social Services and other state agencies. I had to go to SS and Gloucester County Social Services two years ago for my mom, and I marveled at how old and dated the computer programs looked. But if they want to spend millions and millions to upgrade the systems taxpayers will have fits about that, too.

The $1200 comes from the Federal government not the state. I got mine last week, but I did my taxes months ago and it had direct deposit info so that put me in the first group to get them. But I do understand the frustration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey