Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 10:32 PM

6 posts, read 3,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_00 View Post
I filed my unemployment claim on March 22nd. I still havent received a penny. They sent me the email on April 15th saying my unemployment claim was finally processed. I have money next to the weekly benefit rate, so ive just been here waiting for a month until i get it. I also received my stimulus check over a week ago so Im not that desperate, but like damn. Is 5 weeks normal right now for getting umeployment? I feel like mine is taking longer than everyone else is experiencing right now.
It could be worse. I filed March 29th and I am still pending. Sunday will be a month my application is pending. I know people who filed after me and have been approved already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 05:26 AM

3 posts, read 1,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyabecca View Post
I am at a loss at what to do. I have tried to call the unemployment office and they recording either just hangs up on me or tells me to call back tomorrow and then hangs up on me. I have tried to certify my benefits and even though I got benefit of determination saying I get $409 a week. When I certify for the weeks ending 03/21, 03/28 and today 04/04 it says my benefit amount is 0.00.
In my email confirmation it says not payable at this time.
Any advice on how I can resolve this?

Haven't you gotten anywhere so far, we're In the same boat.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:34 AM

1 posts, read 715 times
I am a 1099 Independent contractor - still waiting for PUA to kick in. I was denied NJ UI given $0, received a letter saying that I don't need to do anything PUA will review my claim and contact me. Has anyone in NJ had success in getting their PUA UI?

Old 04-24-2020, 06:04 AM

5,077 posts, read 2,287,570 times
Good-ish news for me. I filed April 1st, and my claim moved from Pending to Filed yesterday. However, nothing has been deposited in my bank account yet. Hoping I don’t run into the same issues a lot of you are having with the claim then saying ‘not payable’. And yes, I was able to certify for the three weeks that have already passed.

Strangely, despite me putting in an email address when I filed, and getting a confirmation email immediately after, I never got an email notifying me that my claim had moved to Filed. There was a spot on the weekly certification page that let me add my email, and I did get confirmations for the weekly claims. Don’t know what’s up with that, but if I hadn’t been checking my status every morning, I woul never have known, and could have missed certifying.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:14 AM

50,954 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuNJ View Post
I am a 1099 Independent contractor - still waiting for PUA to kick in. I was denied NJ UI given $0, received a letter saying that I don't need to do anything PUA will review my claim and contact me. Has anyone in NJ had success in getting their PUA UI?
No I was waiting for the PUA 13 week extension. The site still says they are awaiting guidance from the Feds but several states are up and running. I wrote to Norcross’ office but no response yet.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:54 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,273,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Good-ish news for me. I filed April 1st, and my claim moved from Pending to Filed yesterday. However, nothing has been deposited in my bank account yet. Hoping I don’t run into the same issues a lot of you are having with the claim then saying ‘not payable’. And yes, I was able to certify for the three weeks that have already passed.

Strangely, despite me putting in an email address when I filed, and getting a confirmation email immediately after, I never got an email notifying me that my claim had moved to Filed. There was a spot on the weekly certification page that let me add my email, and I did get confirmations for the weekly claims. Don’t know what’s up with that, but if I hadn’t been checking my status every morning, I woul never have known, and could have missed certifying.

My brother did not get a notification of a change in status, either. And he does get emails every time he certifies.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:55 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,273,500 times
Has anyone seen the extra $600 yet? My brother is just getting his NJ $$. Not that I am complaining, since so many have not seen a penny yet.

Also wondering if anyone else is waiting for a debit card to arrive, or how long it took to get yours?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2020, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 644 times
Default Pending NJ claim since I filed on March 24, 2020, no change since

As the title states, since the day I filed the claim it has been marked pending as I check multiple times per day. Along with calling hundreds of times per week with no avail, I finally Friday spoke with a live person touching the change my pin option that does not pop up as an option every time I dial. She basically told me they saw my claim but was not able to even give me an idea of when they would get to it. She also said they had shut the phones down for claim inquiry calls to try and get to claims. Was wondering if anyone had any insight as it has been over a month not and I’ve heard nor received anything. I’m sure there are others that are in the same boat, I’m just wondering what else can be done as I like everyone else has bills piling up and used my savings living and providing food for my family this past month just waiting for anything at all. Just wondering if anyone else had a pending claim that eventually got processed and got your benefits? I just don’t know what to do at this pin t as I was forced out of work as well like everyone, I just fear another month can pass and they would have not even looked at my claim. Again, any insight or experience with a pending claim that eventually went through would help.

I should also note that I’ve both mailed and faxed all my prior employment information and W-2s weeks ago and did not get any response from them either, as I expected. Just out of desperation trying to get somewhere with this. It will not even let me certify my weekly work for backed benefits until it’s handled by an agent I’m guessing?

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2020, 11:08 AM

47 posts, read 67,406 times
I feel your pain as well. I claimed on 3/22 and I did get an amount and status filed. They had me fill out the e-adjudication form for every week I certified since and with no response to those yet.
Amazingly you were able to talk to a real live person and it doesn't surprise me they are purposely not answering calls. I don't know what the answer is. I am just listening to the governor's daily address and he is claiming the backlog is at the point of where it normally is. Not sure what that is supposed to mean for folks like us.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:17 PM

5,077 posts, read 2,287,570 times
I got a deposit yesterday morning for the first three weeks (started week of March 29th). I've been hearing from other people in town that there were issues with the claims filed in the first couple weeks - around the 15th-22nd. Hope you guys get sorted out soon!!!

No Federal. Is that supposed to happen automatically once we're cleared by NJ? Is there something you have to do for the Federal supplement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey