Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 12:04 PM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Does your son have an idea of how he may have contracted it?
I don't know if we did. I just think we did because we had symptoms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 12:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They opened up because Asians largely are obedient to the law where punishment is 1000% more severe than Western societies. Mask wearing is common sight there. When I was in Tokyo in Sept. of 2014 and I felt awkward at a store where 1/2 the people there had masks on and it wasn't even flu season yet but it believed at the time that the SARS1 virus still had presence in Asia.

If Americans all obey the PPE requirement, things can only up just like in Asia. We got so many non-conformists in America that are willing to die than put on PPE. This isn't about losing your freedom or being a conformists. This is about livelihood, do people climb Mount Everest without an oxygen mask? Yes, some people have made it but many died while trying.
its not just about being non-comformist; its about not believing that the risk is great enough to warrant certain changes to their lifestyle. im not sure why that matters to people who are fine making the changes. the manipulation was trying to shame people into obedience by convincing others that those people were harming them by non conforming. those other people are probably doing you a favor by getting sick and developing more immune people while you protect yourself. but protecting you isnt their obligation, its yours.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:24 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't know if we did. I just think we did because we had symptoms

Same with me between the last few days of December 2019 to the first couple of days of January 2020 - night chills, sweats, and breathing was "more resistant" and I couldn't understand why and this was before COVID-19 was really a thing.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:16 PM

48 posts, read 27,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
We flattened the curve because of the lockdown.

Guess what might happen if we don't stay on lockdown?
Imagine if we never gave women the vote.

What a country this would be.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:42 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
I think we have already had the virus. My son works for Comcast, he never gets sick. He was really sick I believe it was the 2nd week of February, followed by my hub (age 63) being so sick he was in bed for 3 days. He slept almost 2 days where he never came out of the room. Normally he comes down for chicken soup that I made him. My daughter and I then got it. We have crap immune systems. We had just about every symptom of the virus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Does your son have an idea of how he may have contracted it?
My daughter also thinks she had it in early February. She became sick very quickly, couldn't get out of bed, had a dry cough and a high fever. Four days in, her bf called his mother to ask her if she could come over and walk the dog because he had to go to work and my daughter couldn't get out of bed.

The mother is an RN. Came over with her stethoscope and a thermometer and told my daughter something was wrong and she shouldn't have a fever like that for four days. She took her to the ER, where they did a strep test that came out negative. Doctor said it looked like some kind of virus, go home, fluids, etc. COVID-19 wasn't really on the radar yet.

Later my daughter realized that a few days before she'd gotten sick, she'd met the parents of one of her students. They had just flown in from Shanghai, where they live. (Daughter's on LI, though, not in NJ.)

Old 05-21-2020, 07:31 PM

168 posts, read 129,450 times
I think it's worth continuing till June 1. After that businesses should open.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:53 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My daughter also thinks she had it in early February. She became sick very quickly, couldn't get out of bed, had a dry cough and a high fever. Four days in, her bf called his mother to ask her if she could come over and walk the dog because he had to go to work and my daughter couldn't get out of bed.

The mother is an RN. Came over with her stethoscope and a thermometer and told my daughter something was wrong and she shouldn't have a fever like that for four days. She took her to the ER, where they did a strep test that came out negative. Doctor said it looked like some kind of virus, go home, fluids, etc. COVID-19 wasn't really on the radar yet.

Later my daughter realized that a few days before she'd gotten sick, she'd met the parents of one of her students. They had just flown in from Shanghai, where they live. (Daughter's on LI, though, not in NJ.)
Sounds like your daughter could have had it.

I never got checked out, neither did my daughter. I keep forgetting that I had actually been to 2 of my doctors right before getting sick. I see a group associated with Rowan, there are always students at my one doctor that I saw 1st. The 2nd doctor was my GP a week later. I then got sick 2 or 3 days after seeing the GP which would have made 12 days since seeing doctor 1 that had students. I remember thinking that here they made me go in to refill my sleeping pill script, then I get sick and I didn't plan to go back because I knew they'd tell me it was some sort of virus and to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Same with me between the last few days of December 2019 to the first couple of days of January 2020 - night chills, sweats, and breathing was "more resistant" and I couldn't understand why and this was before COVID-19 was really a thing.
My daughter and I had bad breathing issues too. For me it was in the bottom of my lungs.

Being in NJ, it's very possible someone came here infected from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Meanwhile, I knocked one of these off of me today.

https://www.nj.com/healthfit/2017/05...egetarian.html''

They also carry a disease (not Lyme with this one) that can cause high fever, body and joint aches, etc. I emailed my daughter and told her that if become very sick, tell somebody to check into this because it might not be coronavirus!
That's scary. Thanks for posting it. I wonder if it's down by me too.

Quote:
This is about an hour North of me. Murphy said if they opened yesterday it wouldn't only be citations but I'm not seeing any quotes from him yet on exactly what punishment he was going to give them. The owner said he will open every day unless he's behind bars. He also said he's not going to be paying any of the citations but there is a go fund me set up to cover the gyms legal fees. I see 1 person was arrested yesterday for refusing to give his name to police

N.J. gym's reopening, demonstration put people at risk, county official says

Summonses issued as Atilis Gym in Bellmawr vows to continue defying governor's shutdown order
The gym had to shut down on it's own due to a sewage issue, they were then closed by the health department, they're going to defy those orders when they reopen today. The health department is threatening to board the place up, I guess we'll see what happens today or tomorrow.

Atilis Gym in Bellmawr closed by state Health Department after reopening against Gov. Murphy’s orders

Quote:
“Although Atilis is purporting to take its own measures to address COVID-19 transmission, these particular measures do not sufficiently address the risks,” read the order, signed Wednesday by state Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli and left at the gym.

On Thursday morning, gym owners Ian Smith and Frank Trumbetti posted a video to Facebook and Instagram showing them arriving to find the notice on their door. In the clip, one of the owners calls the signs an example of “Gov. Murphy’s dirty tricks, playing with his power in the Health Department.”

In a previous social media post, they discussed a sewage problem that occurred at the gym late Wednesday, and later suggested the shutdown was somehow related to that issue. In the Department of Health notice, there was no mention of sewage.

all of these messages put here on the wall from the Health Department were put on without them ever stepping inside to take a look at the facilities.”

The owners said the gym would be closed Thursday and planned to reopen Friday. A cleaning crew was working on the property, they said.

If Atilis doesn’t comply, it would be subject to criminal and civil sanctions, the order states.

On Thursday, the owners and their attorney suggested to Fox News that the sewage issue was linked to state efforts to shut them down.

“Gov. Murphy addressed in a news conference yesterday he was going to be enforcing some restrictions on us with the Health Department," Smith said. "We are looking into what happened yesterday. Less than an hour after his news conference, our toilets were backed up.”

Health officials shut down New Jersey gym that defied COVID-19 stay-at-home order
Quote:
A New Jersey gym that became a rallying point of resistance against Gov. Phil Murphy's stay-at-home order was closed overnight by the state health department.

A red embargo sign from the Camden County Division of Environmental health was slapped on the front door of Atilis Gym in the middle of the night along with a notice from the state Department of Health that the facility would be shuttered until further notice.

The state does not believe Atilis Gym or any business can "set their own divergent health measures, done without approval of the State and its health officials," the four-page notice reads.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:28 AM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:

Being in NJ, it's very possible someone came here infected from China.
Or, much more likely, it was transmitted by someone who had been in Europe, which was the source of the vast majority of COVID-19 infections in The US:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...in-us/2368010/

Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,694,841 times
LOL, coulda , woulda , shoulda............. .I think they had it , I think he had it......................,just stop . None of you are Doctors's did the people in question go to a Doctors??? . Any of you know the difference in coughs or a cold or the flue or ..............maybe even................allergy's???All very big during the spring months. None of you know, one way or the other none of you know.

No you don't ,......the paranoia is deep here.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:39 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, coulda , woulda , shoulda............. .I think they had it , I think he had it......................,just stop . None of you are Doctors's did the people in question go to a Doctors??? . Any of you know the difference in coughs or a cold or the flue or ..............maybe even................allergy's???All very big during the spring months. None of you know, one way or the other none of you know.

No you don't ,......the paranoia is deep here.
What are you even talking about? How do stories about people being sick qualify as paranoia?

You could try reading the actual posts--I clearly said that my daughter went to the HOSPITAL in February. She is 28 years old. Someone that age isn't normally so sick with the flu that a nurse drags her ass to the emergency room.

The only way to be able to tell if she had it or not would be with antibodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey