Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 07:40 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,206,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, coulda , woulda , shoulda............. .I think they had it , I think he had it......................,just stop . None of you are Doctors's did the people in question go to a Doctors??? . Any of you know the difference in coughs or a cold or the flue or ..............maybe even................allergy's???All very big during the spring months. None of you know, one way or the other none of you know.

No you don't ,......the paranoia is deep here.

Mine didn't happen in the spring months and COVID-19 wasn't a thing at the time for a doctor (most of them my way are quacks anyway lol) to diagnose correctly.
I don't normally get ill the last few days of December - first few days of January which when I was feeling off kilter.

Me + taking prescribed drugs = side effects most of the time.
No I don't know for sure and I'm not paranoid either, nor fearful - JUST MAD!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 07:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
my neighbor just got antibody test results, negative. a friend who had coronavirus and her husband (who didnt) took tests recently and both came back negative. i was talking to another friend who said a bunch of people in his office were tested and everyone was negative. i am doubting the validity of these antibody tests. i dont know which ones any of them took,

Old 05-22-2020, 08:49 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my neighbor just got antibody test results, negative. a friend who had coronavirus and her husband (who didnt) took tests recently and both came back negative. i was talking to another friend who said a bunch of people in his office were tested and everyone was negative. i am doubting the validity of these antibody tests. i dont know which ones any of them took,
Yeah, I'm not sure they've got that down yet.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:53 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Or, much more likely, it was transmitted by someone who had been in Europe, which was the source of the vast majority of COVID-19 infections in The US:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...in-us/2368010/

Thanks, I hadn't seen the article. Haven't had time to do much virus reading the last few weeks. I followed it very closely before that.

Quote:
"The study also suggests that the virus was likely circulating as early as late-January 2020 in the New York City area. This underscores the urgent need for early and continued broad testing to identify untracked transmission clusters in the community," Simon said. "This is important to know because it allows us to identify the sources and the origin of the virus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What are you even talking about? How do stories about people being sick qualify as paranoia?

You could try reading the actual posts--I clearly said that my daughter went to the HOSPITAL in February. She is 28 years old. Someone that age isn't normally so sick with the flu that a nurse drags her ass to the emergency room.

The only way to be able to tell if she had it or not would be with antibodies.
Agree. All I know is my son and hub don't usually get that sick as they were and that my daughter and I did have symptoms.

Quote:
Thanks for passing that on

Old 05-22-2020, 01:58 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure they've got that down yet.
If anyone had seen me in March they would have thought I was a goner ....BUT.....as the MRS will tell you that's when the Asian Pears trees came out and my allergy went haywire ,two weeks late perfectly fine.

As Teachers the lady's in my family will tell you that it's usually after the first month of school that all the Teachers are sick as dogs becuase all the parents send their children to school ........sick.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:19 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,236,336 times
Quote:
Which test? Did they get a finger prick or a blood draw?

Old 05-23-2020, 10:48 AM

4,184 posts, read 5,072,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Which test? Did they get a finger prick or a blood draw?
I was going to ask the same thing. The blood draw using either the Abbott or Roche tests are completely reliable.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:51 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,875,324 times
Well, you're half right...

https://www.medtechdive.com/news/cor...atives/578024/

Old 05-25-2020, 07:37 AM

4,184 posts, read 5,072,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
That's their ID Now test, not the blood draw test.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:54 PM

455 posts, read 671,871 times
I took the Abbott blood draw antibody test at Lab Corp. Got the result in 24 hours. It was negative. I had traveled to NYC in February and thought for sure I had the virus, but apparently not. Family who live in NYC also tested negative in spite of running around the subway system, etc...
This whole thing is getting rather frustrating. First grandchild and we haven't seen her since March!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey