Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 07:45 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
My Life Matters

That's the only movement I'm down with.
Mine and my Family but I get your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 07:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I drove by some very well to do white majority towns and see BLM yard signs as well as some "Trump 2020" signs too. Even some church signs that parrots the same BLM messages. My son pointed a church that had a BLM sign.

Is this the new "I support BLM, so don't protest in my town" signs?

These are hardly the towns that experience any black social injustice and police issues.
It's like the Impala on the plains of Africa. They "Pronk" when a Cheetah or other predator is near to them. They jump up and down to show how fit they are to tell the predator that they would not be an easy target and a waste of time.

This virtue signaling is the same thing. They're hoping that predators will see the sign and move on.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
I drove by some very well to do white majority towns and see BLM yard signs as well as some "Trump 2020" signs too. Even some church signs that parrots the same BLM messages. My son pointed a church that had a BLM sign.

Is this the new "I support BLM, so don't protest in my town" signs?

These are hardly the towns that experience any black social injustice and police issues.
It's like the Impala on the plains of Africa. They "Pronk" when a Cheetah or other predator is near to them. They jump up and down to show how fit they are to tell the predator that they would not be an easy target and a waste of time.

This virtue signaling is the same thing. They're hoping that predators will see the sign and move on.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
While in military , where everyone is paid the same at the same rank... I was a victim of bank fraud, theft, and larceny all by shipmates that look exactly like me. Less so i have been a victim of police abuse, but it has happened
what a shock, a brainless order follower. its good when military employees identify themselves as such because it lets you know that they have no ability to think.

its not just police on black violence, its non-stop abuse of the rights of blacks. its not limited to blacks but they generally have it worse and have every right to try to draw attention to their issues. remember stop and frisk? that was a blatant 4th amendment violation and the police committed the violation hundreds of thousands of times a year. black people are treated worse by law enforcement and many people consider their lives as less valuable than white lives.

there is no need to deflect to other issues, address their issues.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:02 AM

195 posts, read 135,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what a shock, a brainless order follower. its good when military employees identify themselves as such because it lets you know that they have no ability to think.

its not just police on black violence, its non-stop abuse of the rights of blacks. its not limited to blacks but they generally have it worse and have every right to try to draw attention to their issues. remember stop and frisk? that was a blatant 4th amendment violation and the police committed the violation hundreds of thousands of times a year. black people are treated worse by law enforcement and many people consider their lives as less valuable than white lives.

there is no need to deflect to other issues, address their issues.
brainless order follower? everytime i talk about this issue the ppl the proclaim to be soo righteous on the topic resort to a personal attack... every-time...i dont get it. what does being in military have anything to do with the issue.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
brainless order follower? everytime i talk about this issue the ppl the proclaim to be soo righteous on the topic resort to a personal attack... every-time...i dont get it. what does being in military have anything to do with the issue.
people who have been in the military generally lack a moral compass and lack the ability to think for themselves.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:46 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
people who have been in the military generally lack a moral compass and lack the ability to think for themselves.
You can't be a soldier and have morals. They're trained to have apathy since they are killing machines and obey their superiors. Throughout human history soldiers kill, rape, burn things to the ground, and tortured people. That's why so many can't handle civilian life and would rather be back in the battle once they tasted what it feels to be a killing machine.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
oh i see

Old 08-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
You can't be a soldier and have morals. They're trained to have apathy since they are killing machines and obey their superiors. Throughout human history soldiers kill, rape, burn things to the ground, and tortured people. That's why so many can't handle civilian life and would rather be back in the battle once they tasted what it feels to be a killing machine.
lmao. ok

Old 08-03-2020, 04:49 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey