Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM

4,028 posts, read 3,637,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its a deflection tactic and its only able to "succeed" because of racism. imagine saying that you are raising money for pancreatic cancer and someone says "stop complaining about pancreatic cancer, what about prostate cancer!!!?" racists do the same thing with that kaepernick guy, "oh he kneels for equal treatment for black people but he enforses nike who uses child labor!!!" they have these ridiculous deflection tactics.
That’s a great analogy. I’m gonna use that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 11:36 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
My point is BLM should show that much enthusiasm amongst themselves and they could save thousands and thousands of their own lives. I know, I know, I'm racist to say that.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:11 PM

365 posts, read 423,597 times
BLM is FOS oopsie I must be a racist

Old 08-01-2020, 07:12 PM

364 posts, read 121,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetraveler View Post
Why do racist who clearly don’t care about black people whether they live or die always point out black on black crime?! You despicable prophylactics usually welcome deaths of black people or any ethnic colored people for that matter. AGAIN!!! the typical racist hypocritical mindset which is what’s sparked this global reaction in outrage. These clowns are the first ones to benefit from medical assistance from people of color when they are in a traumatic situation. Racist are snowflakes always spewing trash from unidentifiable positions. They tried in Charlottesville, VA and lost. Hahahaha

Trump is the Antichrist and evangelicals & racist right wing nuts lap it up.

Virtue signalling is strong with this one.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:43 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Can’t forget church.

I focus on science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Rd00F4K3I

Old 08-02-2020, 07:43 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
My point is BLM should show that much enthusiasm amongst themselves and they could save thousands and thousands of their own lives. I know, I know, I'm racist to say that.
Save them how??

Old 08-02-2020, 08:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
we could all show more enthusiasm for taking on the various wrongs of the world. but when someone is taking on one of the wrongs, its ridiculous to try to deflect from the issue and suggest they take on another wrong.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:08 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
My Life Matters

That's the only movement I'm down with.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2020, 11:35 AM

195 posts, read 135,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we could all show more enthusiasm for taking on the various wrongs of the world. but when someone is taking on one of the wrongs, its ridiculous to try to deflect from the issue and suggest they take on another wrong.
Statistically blacks kill more blacks than whites do. On the ground , we Fundamentally know this as true. However, many choose to ignore this and blame other things. These people are the loudest of the bunch. I have been a victim of crime commited by people that look like me more than any white man. Keep in mind this is both minority and majority neighborhoods. For example While in military , where everyone is paid the same at the same rank... I was a victim of bank fraud, theft, and larceny all by shipmates that look exactly like me. Less so i have been a victim of police abuse, but it has happened.We can argue and say well this is all put in place by white supremacy, and that white oppression has caused the conditions of black on black crime. Too a degree this may true; the sins of the father may benefit the child. With that said, at some point you to take responsibility for your culture and community.

To disjoin overwhelming yet underreported black on black violence and overreported police on black violence is not realistic to the human experience. Most rational people aware of this information would find at least some hypocrisy on the messaging of BLM. That Messaging being blacks dying by white police officers dominate homicide textbooks.

Hypocrisy examines an argument from a moral POV not a logical path. Logically , addressing police killings of black ppl has no logical nexus to blacks killing blacks. They are separate logical entities. Our world isn't that rigidly logical to accept those two issues as completely separate- especially when they have the common denominator of violence towards blacks . Obviously some can make the distinction , but its not universal.

So whats the alternative. Take out, sensationalism, clickbait, political exploitation and other ulterior motives to be dishonest about the reporting. I feel like a better approach to take on both things simultaneously and Loudly. But to be quite frank, I don’t know the means to achieve this

Old 08-02-2020, 12:49 PM

4,028 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
Statistically blacks kill more blacks than whites do. On the ground , we Fundamentally know this as true. However, many choose to ignore this and blame other things. These people are the loudest of the bunch. I have been a victim of crime commited by people that look like me more than any white man. Keep in mind this is both minority and majority neighborhoods. For example While in military , where everyone is paid the same at the same rank... I was a victim of bank fraud, theft, and larceny all by shipmates that look exactly like me. Less so i have been a victim of police abuse, but it has happened.We can argue and say well this is all put in place by white supremacy, and that white oppression has caused the conditions of black on black crime. Too a degree this may true; the sins of the father may benefit the child. With that said, at some point you to take responsibility for your culture and community.

To disjoin overwhelming yet underreported black on black violence and overreported police on black violence is not realistic to the human experience. Most rational people aware of this information would find at least some hypocrisy on the messaging of BLM. That Messaging being blacks dying by white police officers dominate homicide textbooks.

Hypocrisy examines an argument from a moral POV not a logical path. Logically , addressing police killings of black ppl has no logical nexus to blacks killing blacks. They are separate logical entities. Our world isn't that rigidly logical to accept those two issues as completely separate- especially when they have the common denominator of violence towards blacks . Obviously some can make the distinction , but its not universal.

So whats the alternative. Take out, sensationalism, clickbait, political exploitation and other ulterior motives to be dishonest about the reporting. I feel like a better approach to take on both things simultaneously and Loudly. But to be quite frank, I don’t know the means to achieve this
Terry Crews, is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey