Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post
For the same reason liberal Republicans helped to pass the Civil Rights Act. What happened to George Floyd was horrific and showed a total lack of compassion for another human life. It was another, in a very long line of incidents, that visually illustrated that blacks aren't lying when they say these things happen. It also coincided with covid-19, and there not being any sort of distractions. That was Memorial Day weekend. People would have been occupied with the NBA, being out and away for Memorial Day weekend, and anything else that would have gone on if there weren't any restrictions on everyday life. Hell, George Floyd may still be alive. But it happened and people do have a conscious.
The media cherry picked the incidents to report because they know it would incite violence against Trump. When Obama was president the media helped him swept all these problems under the rug. Which caused majority of the racial injustices to go unnoticed for many months because the media didn't want a mass riot under Obama's tenure until social media helped pushed many of the police injustice. Some occurred and Obama was forced to say things in hope to calm black people down because he couldn't do anything as the President. That's why many blacks were disappointed with him but it isn't his fault. The POTUS have limited powers, the Feds cannot over step the rights of states to police themselves. Michael Brown's parents were invited to the white house to speak with the Obamas, even though videos show that Michael Brown did commit the robbery and was roughing up the police officer before he shot and killed him. Again, Obama was put in a pinch of trying to side with blacks even though he had no authority over the cases even after dispatching his own Justice dept to review the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 01:55 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The media cherry picked the incidents to report because they know it would incite violence against Trump. When Obama was president the media helped him swept all these problems under the rug. Which caused majority of the racial injustices to go unnoticed for many months because the media didn't want a mass riot under Obama's tenure until social media helped pushed many of the police injustice. Some occurred and Obama was forced to say things in hope to calm black people down because he couldn't do anything as the President. That's why many blacks were disappointed with him but it isn't his fault. The POTUS have limited powers, the Feds cannot over step the rights of states to police themselves. Michael Brown's parents were invited to the white house to speak with the Obamas, even though videos show that Michael Brown did commit the robbery and was roughing up the police officer before he shot and killed him. Again, Obama was put in a pinch of trying to side with blacks even though he had no authority over the cases even after dispatching his own Justice dept to review the case.
The media is not trying to incite violence against Trump. The media and the left know that violence hurts their cause and only helps trump get reelected ( which is actually one of the reason outside agitators are there). It is Trump that is trying to incite violence. He is trying to start a Civil War that is why he sent those troops. He can’t wait for one of them to get shot. The more violent he can get the protests to become, the more he gets people to be afraid and to be able to say “you need me, the law and order president, I’ll keep you safe from these anarchists”.

You realize of course that Obama was a community activist in black communities for much of his career? Your assertions are ridiculous.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 07-28-2020 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-28-2020, 02:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
you guys need to sign up for facebook groups like police the police, filming cops, owning cops, etc. the police abuse people's rights every day all day. some incidents get a lot of attention and they deserve to but we shouldnt forget that cops are guilty of tens of thousands of smaller violations every single day. (and i wasnt even thinking of the civil asset forfeiture and kidnapping people for drug crimes among those violations)

Old 07-28-2020, 04:00 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
I think it was better when Obama was president. With Trump, there's nothing but chaos. He makes Bush 2 look good and that guy started 2 wars.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:46 PM

195 posts, read 135,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think it was better when Obama was president. With Trump, there's nothing but chaos. He makes Bush 2 look good and that guy started 2 wars.
its was not...speaking for the black community. obama did nothing for us and we shouldnt expect him too...the media invoked that his election in itself did something for our community,,, it did not.. 1st obama is biracial African and White.. two groups that do better than American Blacks in the USA anyway. 2nd the same problems existed then..... exisit now....trump did not make it worse... its all media and acedemia provided cover fire for thier own. They are very dishonest with the america public about the state of the Black condition, They are dishonest period. I served in OEF AND OIF, there is simply no comparison about the amount of blood and treasure lost in OIF under BUSH 2... But for some reason everyone is hypontized with TRump is the worse ever....personality perhaps... but policy and damage no way

Old 07-28-2020, 05:50 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
“the media” is getting to be a tired excuse. Forget the media for a second and just listen to Trump speeches. He doesn’t need help looking bad, he does it on his own.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:14 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Anybody can be proved to be racist when they are put on the spot and reacted with their natural instinct. That is what racism is, it's a natural instinct. I grew up in Queens with kids from all various countries and I experienced racism all the time. White kids are frequently subjected to racist jokes in school.
What part of Queens?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-28-2020, 07:35 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
its was not...speaking for the black community. obama did nothing for us and we shouldnt expect him too...the media invoked that his election in itself did something for our community,,, it did not.. 1st obama is biracial African and White.. two groups that do better than American Blacks in the USA anyway. 2nd the same problems existed then..... exisit now....trump did not make it worse... its all media and acedemia provided cover fire for thier own. They are very dishonest with the america public about the state of the Black condition, They are dishonest period. I served in OEF AND OIF, there is simply no comparison about the amount of blood and treasure lost in OIF under BUSH 2... But for some reason everyone is hypontized with TRump is the worse ever....personality perhaps... but policy and damage no way

I don't watch TV or do social media. The media excuse is a crutch. Obama is black to the police so he would probably get shot. I will give you that he had a weak foreign policy.

Bush spent blood and treasure. Trump gave WW2 gains to the people's republic of china. Where's the beautiful infrastructure that was promised? He had complete control of government for 2 years! Where's the wall?!

All we got from DJT was no wall, umemployment, a pandemic, and a cold war with red china that we are not prepared for. Imagine if this was ebola! germaphobe trump would be

And you don't speak for the black community.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:09 PM

195 posts, read 135,801 times
Quote:
I don't watch TV or do social media. The media excuse is a crutch. Obama is black to the police so he would probably get shot. I will give you that he had a weak foreign policy.

Bush spent blood and treasure. Trump gave WW2 gains to the people's republic of china. Where's the beautiful infrastructure that was promised? He had complete control of government for 2 years! Where's the wall?!

All we got from DJT was no wall, umemployment, a pandemic, and a cold war with red china that we are not prepared for. Imagine if this was ebola! germaphobe trump would be

And you don't speak for the black community.
of course i do. that smug remark is the same smug attitude ppl hate Trump for. Black people speak for the community. I am speaking here because alot of the back forth is academic and pseudo intellectualism without input from the people being talked about. You gonna have roundtable about BLM without black ppl? Anyway... its like all these blm protest all hijacked by whites that have no clue what the hell is going on in the black community-they just want a reason to f sh-t up. Or they feel some sort of fake sense of guilt... Like i said before none of those ppl are giving up their wealth, their homes , thier taxes , thier bank accounts, etc for blacks . I know what the hell is going on in the community- whether i speak for them or not....BLM is BS... and their signs are BS. It has done nothing for us as we can only do for ourselves. waiting on whites for some sort of wealth transfer or to fix innate prejudices is a fools game. People that are putting up the signs are misguided or phony.

As far as trump. At least Trump permanently funded HBCUs and reformed federal sentencing. Yeah its pandering but Thats a tangible thing done for the black community. Obama just did speeches for the most part. Speeches are not policy despite what MSNBC or a Nobel Committee may have u believe.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:32 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Yes, I never thought I’d see the day where I say I miss GW, but I do. Comparatively, they seem like the good all days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey