Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:28 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

I can't relate to this at all. I like tacos, but I make them at home with the help of El Paso. I've never gone out anywhere looking for tacos. It would never occur to me.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:16 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Mi Mariachi is certainly the best in Jersey City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 11:09 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can't relate to this at all. I like tacos, but I make them at home with the help of El Paso. I've never gone out anywhere looking for tacos. It would never occur to me.
Gurl...

That's like saying I make Totinos at home so I'd never go out looking for pizza.

Go get some real tacos!

Old 03-12-2021, 01:04 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
This is the holy grail of tacos, also known as a Gordita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE2eNPH0dHA

Old 03-12-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Gurl...

That's like saying I make Totinos at home so I'd never go out looking for pizza.

Go get some real tacos!
I don't know what Totinos is, but I'm guessing it's homemade pizza, lol. Which I would NEVER make. The whole reason for pizza's existence is to have someone else make it!

I've just never been a huge Mexican food freak. I mean, it's just OK-ish if that's what the people I'm with want, but never in my life have I thought, "Gee whiz, I sure am craving Mexican food."

I am willing to try out of curiosity to see what a "real" taco might be like and how it is different, though.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:21 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
i cant say i have a great taco place i go to. baja fresh in ocean is my favorite these days. me and my family love it there.

costco has a taco platter that i sometimes get. its good and you can get 3 or so meals from it.

"taco night" is pretty easy to make at home and its easy to make really yummy tacos. i think they key on the standard homemade tacos is taco sauce.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This is the holy grail of tacos, also known as a Gordita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE2eNPH0dHA
Does it come with a container of Tums?

Old 03-12-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i cant say i have a great taco place i go to. baja fresh in ocean is my favorite these days. me and my family love it there.

costco has a taco platter that i sometimes get. its good and you can get 3 or so meals from it.
I am afraid of that place. The only time I've ever gone to a Costco was to take my old-lady friend to get her glasses. They let me in as long as I was accompanying her because I'm not part of their club or whatever, but when she was busy talking to the glasses person, I wandered over to look at a nearby TV that was on sale and immediately the security woman who was checking the memberships at the front door came over and told me I wasn't supposed to be in that section because I wasn't a member and that she thought I was just there to help my friend.

I imagine that if I tried to buy a taco platter I'd find myself in being dragged out in handcuffs by the Costco Cops.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:36 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am afraid of that place. The only time I've ever gone to a Costco was to take my old-lady friend to get her glasses. They let me in as long as I was accompanying her because I'm not part of their club or whatever, but when she was busy talking to the glasses person, I wandered over to look at a nearby TV that was on sale and immediately the security woman who was checking the memberships at the front door came over and told me I wasn't supposed to be in that section because I wasn't a member and that she thought I was just there to help my friend.

I imagine that if I tried to buy a taco platter I'd find myself in being dragged out in handcuffs by the Costco Cops.
haha that lady knew you are up to no good! there is probably a picture of you in there to keep an eye out in case you come back to try to look at their merchandise!! its a common scam people bringing old ladies with bad vision in there so they can eye up the great deals in there.

you want the tacos? you gotta join the club!

Old 03-12-2021, 03:41 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha that lady knew you are up to no good! there is probably a picture of you in there to keep an eye out in case you come back to try to look at their merchandise!! its a common scam people bringing old ladies with bad vision in there so they can eye up the great deals in there.

you want the tacos? you gotta join the club!

or you have to mail order the tortillas from yuma and get adobo seasoning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey