Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 08:30 PM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This is the holy grail of tacos, also known as a Gordita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE2eNPH0dHA
That doesn't look very good to me. I've never eaten one so don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
or you have to mail order the tortillas from yuma and get adobo seasoning
My husband used to have to go there every year for about two weeks for work and he never mentioned tacos.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:43 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,490,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My husband used to have to go there every year for about two weeks for work and he never mentioned tacos.

people who used to go there said it changed a lot before I went there last fall.

it basically has everything you need.

The train station is super sketchy though and there is no hourly service to san diego, los angles, or phoenix.

I feel this is what holds it back.

the tacos were amazing. but for the locals, that's all they have. They don't have the food diversity that NJ has. They have good donut shops though.

Also, AZ needs more passenger rail. Driving in an arizona summer is a crappy rental for 5 hours sucks.

an arizona summer is ungodly.

the humid jersey summer is now tame.

It was hotter than asia out there.

It was also very free or libertarian out there.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:42 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,656,230 times
Forget everything discussed up to this point

Chofi Birria in Union City is the one. I don’t know how I never heard of this place just a few blocks away from home until now. They have this consomé, a dipping sauce for the tacos... excellent. The tortillas are thicker than what you’re used to so it holds up well. Over an hour wait for a pick up order, but worth the wait.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Forget everything discussed up to this point

Chofi Birria in Union City is the one. I don’t know how I never heard of this place just a few blocks away from home until now. They have this consomé, a dipping sauce for the tacos... excellent. The tortillas are thicker than what you’re used to so it holds up well. Over an hour wait for a pick up order, but worth the wait.

I have it on the mission list. I hear parking is horrific.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
people who used to go there said it changed a lot before I went there last fall.

it basically has everything you need.
The train station is super sketchy though and there is no hourly service to san diego, los angles, or phoenix.
I feel this is what holds it back.
the tacos were amazing. but for the locals, that's all they have. They don't have the food diversity that NJ has. They have good donut shops though.

Also, AZ needs more passenger rail. Driving in an arizona summer is a crappy rental for 5 hours sucks.
an arizona summer is ungodly.
the humid jersey summer is now tame.
It was hotter than asia out there.
It was also very free or libertarian out there.
Sorry for the crunch. I just remembered that he had to go there in the summer. I remember shopping with him for shoes and socks. He bought an athletic shoe with a very thick extreme weather sole and the heaviest socks that he could find. He was out in the desert. He said that with anything less, thinner, that his feet would burn.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:39 PM

332 posts, read 174,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i cant say i have a great taco place i go to. baja fresh in ocean is my favorite these days. me and my family love it there.

costco has a taco platter that i sometimes get. its good and you can get 3 or so meals from it.

"taco night" is pretty easy to make at home and its easy to make really yummy tacos. i think they key on the standard homemade tacos is taco sauce.
Costco lol. whats next Shop Rite. Try Tacoria.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:43 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
Costco lol. whats next Shop Rite. Try Tacoria.
its pretty good. tacoria isnt really in a convenient location for me. it needs to be within 15 minutes of holmdel or walking distance from my office in brooklyn.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its pretty good. tacoria isnt really in a convenient location for me. it needs to be within 15 minutes of holmdel or walking distance from my office in brooklyn.

the only thing i like from costco are the waffle cookies for coffee.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:50 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,656,230 times
I tried Locos Tacos in North Bergen. They make birria tacos, and you have the option of choosing a tortilla made entirely of cheese. Make sure you get lots of napkins.

https://www.locostacosnj.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey