Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 02:14 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I try to just stick with the facts in the nicest way possible.... But then when you read more into it, you realize it is simply just an advisory by their nazi Mayor.
... and you don't see any inconsistency between your pledge to "stick to the facts in the nicest way possible" and your characterization of someone as a "Nazi" simply because you might not agree with his policies?

What types of labels do you assign to people when you aren't trying to "stick to the facts in the nicest way possible"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 02:19 PM

1,142 posts, read 858,690 times
I admit I will throw emotion into it at times. It is my opinion that the Mayor of Newark is a Nazi Dictator.

Old 11-23-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I admit I will throw emotion into it at times. It is my opinion that the Mayor of Newark is a Nazi Dictator.
Be sure to report back to us when he starts forcing people into concentration camps, and hurling people into gas chambers and ovens because he doesn't like their religion, their ethnicity, or their sexual identity. Until such time, perhaps you should cut back on your caffeine intake, and it would definitely be a good idea to educate yourself regarding what the REAL Nazis did in the '30s & '40s.

You degrade the memory of the Nazis' millions of victims when you make ludicrous, over-the-top statements--such as your characterization of the Mayor of Newark as a Nazi.

Last edited by Retriever; 11-23-2020 at 02:52 PM..

Old 11-23-2020, 05:34 PM

1,142 posts, read 858,690 times
You obviously do not realize there is more than one definition of that word. SMH

Old 11-23-2020, 06:11 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,289,963 times
Quote:
LOL EANJ. I try to just stick with the facts in the nicest way possible. I dont mind when someone states an opinion opposite my own, but not when someone totally posts false information. I partly blame this on the mainstream news media and their headlines. For example, I have seen the stupid media post headlines saying "Newark Shutting Down For 10 Days". But then when you read more into it, you realize it is simply just an advisory by their nazi Mayor and NOT a mandate on any business. Furthermore, the Gov just gave his ONLY press conference for this week and did NOT implement any further restrictions.
Agreed. While I do agree with you, my own personal problem is with the media, whereas in today's day and age, they no longer view their job or motivation as "disseminating information" and "news" and so on. Today's it's about ratings, ratings, ratings, over-dramatizing, adding melodrama and theatrics, as well as which side of the aisle they sit on. Walter Cronkite, Mike Wallace, and some of the premier others are doing the proverbial "turning over in their graves" thing. A few years before he died, I heard Cronkite often comment on the state and landscape of the news in the then current day and age. Wallace as well, to some extent. I liked everything they had to say...and not what the news did. LOL.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:49 PM

32,930 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
You obviously do not realize there is more than one definition of that word. SMH
No. There are only people who know nothing or little about the camps or the few who survived.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
No, there is only one legitimate definition of that word. I won't disagree that uninformed people have adapted that word to other--totally inappropriate--uses, but a lack of knowledge on their part doesn't somehow legitimize an incorrect usage of that word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. There are only people who know nothing or little about the camps or the few who survived.
Exactly
When people throw the term "Nazi" around in regard to a person with whom they simply disagree, all they are actually accomplishing is the exposure of their lack of knowledge. In addition to the need to learn about what the REAL Nazis did, our "rebel" could also benefit from reading about Godwin's Law:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Old 11-24-2020, 07:41 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
As to the original question...

Another lockdown and or restrictions coming?

Lockdown, I certainly hope it does not become necessary to do so, and that we don't arrive at a point where that can or needs to be considered. Restrictions? Meaning more restrictions? If yes, I certainly hope the current restrictions are more enforced, and if further restrictions are needed, then yes, I hope there are more coming.
I'm in Williamstown, South Jersey. Parents were given a choice of a hybrid schedule where they went a few days a week, then remote for the rest, or they could stay remote. Elementary started October 19th, middle and high schools returned November 15th.

We kept my grandson (2nd grade) home. I'm signed up to get calls and text messages from the school system; a few days after school opened the 1st of about 15 calls came in that so and so was COVID positive, they've done contact tracing and notifying anyone that was near the person for 15 minutes or more, over a 24 hour period. A few calls have been staff at various schools at 1st. Then I believe it was junior football, then someone on another team they played, girls field hockey had just opened, they had 2 positives, shut the sport down. My grandson's elementary school has had about 6 cases between staff and students. They called the other day to say that the middle and high schools are going back to remote. I believe all sports were canceled.

I wish I could figure out how to sign up for emails from the school system that detail the cases. I wish I was tracking the phone call messages because the texts I get didn't detail where the virus was, it just says one or 2 COVID positive. November 14th is the 1st detailed text I got that specified employee, students and what school.

I'll be shocked if they don't send the elementary kids back to full remote since there's been so many cases at my grandson's school.

I have medical professionals in my development; I run a FB group for the development. They've been posting that they're seeing a rise in cases at the hospitals and doctors offices they work at.

My 3 year old granddaughter is in a day care, the kids aren't even wearing masks in this one. It's her 3rd day care since August. I don't know why her father keeps moving her. Her original one was the best. They were letting masked parents come in until last week, now the "teachers" are wearing masks too since last week. I was seriously thinking of reporting the place. They have about 20 or so kids running around without masks. Her father's girl friend was exposed and waiting on results, he should have kept my granddaughter home which is the rule for our schools but he sent her anyway, I had picked her up 3 days in a row, I have a bad immune system. I then was with her on the weekend, we weren't told about his live in GF until late Saturday when she took the test on a Thursday. Both my daughter and grandson also have bad immune systems. My daughter also had my grandson's 1/2 brother over, she ended up keeping him for close to a week due to it. Thankfully her test was negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey