Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 03:37 PM

19,070 posts, read 13,999,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
What about the cancer? I think went to J&R Cigars in whippany not east hanover. Its was xmas presents
Trust me, I know. I hate it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 03:49 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,554,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah huh? you said it as a question and i said it as a statement. instead of showing me the proper gratitude you are making the strange claim that "that's what i thought i said."
So you know for a fact that we will be fully protected once vaccinated? Really? You’re going back on the list. Bye.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:29 PM

668 posts, read 472,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I will feel infinitely better when we have more data as to how effective or not the vaccine is. I think there are a lot of unanswered questions for obvious reasons. The main one being, if I'm vaccinated, am I protected against any other idiot who choose not to. If I am, I don't care if they get vaccinated or not. If they get someone they love sick, that's on them.

Living mask free again would be HEAVEN!

Correct me if i'm wrong... but if they get someone they love sick, wouldn't that someone not have been vaccinated? The purpose of the vaccine is to protect yourself. Same as your loved ones, who , if concerned, should get vaccinated.

If you choose NOT to get vaccinated, then you aren't protecting yourself. Not doing a damn thing to anyone else.

Or did i misunderstand this whole vaccine thing?

Old 03-10-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong... but if they get someone they love sick, wouldn't that someone not have been vaccinated? The purpose of the vaccine is to protect yourself. Same as your loved ones, who , if concerned, should get vaccinated.

If you choose NOT to get vaccinated, then you aren't protecting yourself. Not doing a damn thing to anyone else.

Or did i misunderstand this whole vaccine thing?
If you choose to not get vaccinated and are near/live with someone else who is also not vaccinated, they could get sick. You could have the virus and not know it.

I don't understand why this is confusing.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:16 PM

7,421 posts, read 3,564,025 times
The 50% can be increased to 100% if we all go on tinder, carry a basketball, or wear a singlet because apparently group sex, and indoor sports are completely safe...but now that I mention it I guess indoor sports is kind of the same thing as indoor relations. But now I'm thinking even further why is eating out any different if you can do that in your bedroom as well?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:17 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,654,624 times
Quote:
If you choose to not get vaccinated and are near/live with someone else who is also not vaccinated, they could get sick. You could have the virus and not know it.

I don't understand why this is confusing.
You introduced the confusion to this thread, so I’m confused as to why you’re confused about the confusion.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I will feel infinitely better when we have more data as to how effective or not the vaccine is. I think there are a lot of unanswered questions for obvious reasons. The main one being, if I'm vaccinated, am I protected against any other idiot who choose not to. If I am, I don't care if they get vaccinated or not. If they get someone they love sick, that's on them.
I have no idea why what I wrote is confusing. Let's deconstruct:

"if I'm vaccinated, am I protected against any other idiot who chooses not to."

As in chooses not to be vaccinated. I don't think we know yet how protected we are going to actually be against the virus. I would like to think once I am vaccinated I can be footloose and mask free, but I don't think we know yet. Time will tell. Not sure why that's confusing.

"If I am, I don't care if they get vaccinated or not."

If I am fully protected, I don't care if they get vaccinated or not.

Again, not sure why that's confusing.

"If they get someone they love sick, that's on them."

If they are not vaccinated and get someone they love sick by not being vaccinated, that's their responsibility.

Again, not sure where the confusion lies.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:55 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,745,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
What about the cancer?
Nowadays it's all vape pens and edibles. So much better than people busting out their cigars. Most people are too ashamed to smoke cigarettes in public.

The current situation works for me. I like to go out in small groups of friends and drink. We have been doing that throughout the coronavirus apocalypse.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:02 AM

1,156 posts, read 866,725 times
Quote:
Well, this is good news. I'm dying to sit at a bar, with a burger and a beer and watch a game. Not sure if I'll do that before I get vaccinated (personal choice-please refrain from piling on), but finally a small light at the end of this endless tunnel.

Gov. Phil Murphy announced he's loosening coronavirus restrictions following the release of new CDC guidance.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bridgew...campaign=share

Sadly, The Gov specifically stated that bar seating will still not be allowed with the capacity increase meaning it wont make much difference for most bars. However, many bars are already allowing bar seating anyway. They are either unknowingly thinking it is allowed or just don't care at this point.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:25 AM

A new sports bar and grill actually opened during the last year in shopping center nearby. Apparently make really good Jerk Chicken. Love Jerk Chicken. Can't wait to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey