Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 10:47 AM

182 posts, read 136,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Go somewhere (Like Costco) that doesn't take advantage of you. A lot, a looott of 'entrepreneurs' and 'business owners' out there who don't know how to run a business, so they run their employees to the ground. In 2021, don't fall for that. Tons of jobs out there that treat their employees well.

Go for it, but remember it is 2021.. if you go for the interview, you are interviewing them. Ask for benefits, time off, and scheduling. If they can't offer what you want, just walk. I walked out of about 6 interviews this year by employers/managers who wanted to take advantage of me from the gecko. I even think one of the jobs didn't even offer 2 weeks paid vacation.. absolutely nope.

Build that confidence up. Go for it. But remember what you are worth!
Yeah, you must be a big hit with your employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 11:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
Get every job I apply for.

I just don't have the time to be taken advantage of. If I hold a job or job offer in place, you have to make sure what you are providing is worth the time and energy to switch. I work in a very open field and employer's have to stay pretty ahead of the block to find good, skilled and reasonable employees. I developed that skill quite a while ago and that's how you properly move up in your field. Its how you move around in GIS

Old 06-23-2021, 11:50 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times
Thank you!
This task is complete.

There are 1 or more tasks for the Fuel Associate job that require your attention. Close this message to complete your next task.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
massachoissets may be self employed..

Every word he said is true.

I have the power..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1BNcSBApOU

Old 06-23-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
massachoissets may be self employed..

Every word he said is true.

I have the power..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1BNcSBApOU
No I actually work for a medium sized private development co, previously a very small state office (I made a thread a while back). But yeah.. in 2021.. employers are finding the hard way that employees will not stick if you don't give reasonable wages/benefits. Its not that hard to have a 401k and offer PTO to your employees. Productivity increases, happier employees, happier managers.. higher productivity.

But culture is equally important. If its a toxic environment or your manager/coworkers are just miserable.. i rather take a lower paying job and enjoy my time.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No I actually work for a medium sized private development co, previously a very small state office (I made a thread a while back). But yeah.. in 2021.. employers are finding the hard way that employees will not stick if you don't give reasonable wages/benefits. Its not that hard to have a 401k and offer PTO to your employees. Productivity increases, happier employees, happier managers.. higher productivity.

But culture is equally important. If its a toxic environment or your manager/coworkers are just miserable.. i rather take a lower paying job and enjoy my time.
My ultimate strategy is, somehow, someway.. Multiple Streams of Income.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Uber, sugar daddy and sell crack

Old 06-24-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Uber, sugar daddy and sell crack
You're not that far off.

Old 06-24-2021, 09:48 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Ultimate strategy: increase your dollars per hour so you can have a life. Long-term, that's owning rental properties. Lots of passive income this way. But that's long-ball thinking. Short term, you are starting off in the right direction.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:00 AM

I also put in for Host at Houlihan's (there is one local here. It's in Brick.)

I am tempted to just be there shortly after they open to follow up on it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey