Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 10:16 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times

Advertisements

Who do you call? How long does it take?

Just saw a sign says they are By Appointment Only as of Monday. So... Who do you call? How do you do that?

Or... Do I just pick from.. South Brunswick, East Orange, Runnemeade (my buddies came from there,) Newton, or Washington and just wait in line??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 10:58 AM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post

Just saw a sign says they are By Appointment Only as of Monday. So... Who do you call? How do you do that?

Or... Do I just pick from.. South Brunswick, East Orange, Runnemeade (my buddies came from there,) Newton, or Washington and just wait in line??
Why do you want to call? I thought appointments were only made online.

Actually, I thought ALL of them were appointment-only now, but apparently some are still doing the thing where you go and get a ticket in the morning and are given a time to return later.

Check on the site to which MVC vehicle centers are full each day and which do not require appointments. The ones that don't require appointments still likely are requiring you to show up early and get a ticket with a time.

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/locations/vehcenters.htm

Old 11-04-2020, 06:23 AM

668 posts, read 471,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post

go to their website, click make appointment. So much easier now! Husband did it the other day in Trenton and couldn't believe how simple. He was in and out in 20 minutes (for a title).

Old 11-04-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Why do you want to call? I thought appointments were only made online.

Actually, I thought ALL of them were appointment-only now, but apparently some are still doing the thing where you go and get a ticket in the morning and are given a time to return later.

Check on the site to which MVC vehicle centers are full each day and which do not require appointments. The ones that don't require appointments still likely are requiring you to show up early and get a ticket with a time.

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/locations/vehcenters.htm

Actually, when my husband went to Trenton (he did appointment) , they also still do a line, and many of the people in line were unaware of the appointment thing and were pretty pissed he showed up, got brought in and left while they were still standing outside.

We learned about it on twitter, but i'm not sure how else people are finding out. But it's a good thing, wish it was always like this.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Actually, when my husband went to Trenton (he did appointment) , they also still do a line, and many of the people in line were unaware of the appointment thing and were pretty pissed he showed up, got brought in and left while they were still standing outside.

We learned about it on twitter, but i'm not sure how else people are finding out. But it's a good thing, wish it was always like this.
Wouldn't the first thing most people would do be to go on the MVC page and see what it says? That's how I found out they had divided it into Licensing and Vehicle centers. If I had just gone randomly, I would have driven to Eatontown only to find out they didn't do titles there. (Of course, it is only ten minutes away, lol, so it wouldn't have been too terrible.)

Old 11-04-2020, 09:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Go to On Call LLC, in Roselle NJ. For a fee they will take care of the stuff for you. I got my title and plates done through them for $100 fee.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Go to On Call LLC, in Roselle NJ. For a fee they will take care of the stuff for you. I got my title and plates done through them for $100 fee.

$100???

Why, when you can schedule an appointment that takes 20 minutes out of your day?

Old 11-04-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't the first thing most people would do be to go on the MVC page and see what it says? That's how I found out they had divided it into Licensing and Vehicle centers. If I had just gone randomly, I would have driven to Eatontown only to find out they didn't do titles there. (Of course, it is only ten minutes away, lol, so it wouldn't have been too terrible.)

Yes, me too. It has gone through a lot of changing since March, so i wouldn't assume anything is the same at this point.

Honestly, the online stuff and the appointment stuff should have been done years ago, but glad it's done ...

Old 11-04-2020, 09:21 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Wouldn't the first thing most people would do be to go on the MVC page and see what it says?
+1
Because online search engines have existed for over two decades, I am always fascinated by people who ask anonymous sources for unofficial--possibly incorrect--information, despite the reality that factual information could have been found on an agency's website in less than 30 seconds.

'tis a mystery...

Old 11-04-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Yes, me too. It has gone through a lot of changing since March, so i wouldn't assume anything is the same at this point.

Honestly, the online stuff and the appointment stuff should have been done years ago, but glad it's done ...
COVID has definitely brought about some positive changes that will likely survive the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey