Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 06:36 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Everything in the mainstream news is filtered. The news provided is an agenda driven news, including news 12. Why do you think that Murphy created a $5M fund (which partially dropped b/c of covid) of taxpayer money to give grants to for journalism school which he hand picks and sits on the board of? The $5M is probably more than the salaries of all the anchors/journalists in the state. The answer is to keep the noble lie going to retain power.
Uh huh, and here are some tidbits about James O’Keefe, founder of Project Veritas:

ACORN filmmaker James O’Keefe sentenced in Sen. Mary Landrieu break-in

“ Conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe was sentenced to three years of probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine after he pleaded guilty on Wednesday to misdemeanor charges stemming from his involvement in a break-in at Sen. Mary Landrieu’s (D-La.) office.”

https://thehill.com/capital-living/i...drieu-break-in

“ Conservative activist (and convicted criminal) James O’Keefe and his tax-exempt Project Veritas group are under fire again, following a botched “sting” operation in which an employee falsely told the Washington Post that she was raped by Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) as a teenager. The Post did not fall for her trick and instead exposed her for the blatant attempt to discredit the many women who have come forward with their stories of sexual assault.”

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/do...-e8fbdb48e16c/

And this is who you want us to believe is a credible source? Sounds like a real stand up guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:47 PM

10,425 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Uh huh, and here are some tidbits about James O’Keefe, founder of Project Veritas:

ACORN filmmaker James O’Keefe sentenced in Sen. Mary Landrieu break-in

“ Conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe was sentenced to three years of probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine after he pleaded guilty on Wednesday to misdemeanor charges stemming from his involvement in a break-in at Sen. Mary Landrieu’s (D-La.) office.”

https://thehill.com/capital-living/i...drieu-break-in

“ Conservative activist (and convicted criminal) James O’Keefe and his tax-exempt Project Veritas group are under fire again, following a botched “sting” operation in which an employee falsely told the Washington Post that she was raped by Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) as a teenager. The Post did not fall for her trick and instead exposed her for the blatant attempt to discredit the many women who have come forward with their stories of sexual assault.”

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/do...-e8fbdb48e16c/

And this is who you want us to believe is a credible source? Sounds like a real stand up guy
That's exactly what Project Veritas does, they basically set up as spies to catch potential wrongdoing. The Murphy video is as clear as it gets as Murphy's #1 person admitting on how they are misleading voters in the state for their benefit and not for the voter.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
That's exactly what Project Veritas does, they basically set up as spies to catch potential wrongdoing. The Murphy video is as clear as it gets as Murphy's #1 person admitting on how they are misleading voters in the state for their benefit and not for the voter.

Define what you mean by “murphy’s #1 person”? You never even heard of this woman before this video. Did she sound like someone who Murphy would pay to advise him on literally ANYTHING? And let’s pretend she’s a top advisor to Murphy for a second… why on earth would she divulge this info to a couple of strangers?? Sounds like she’s more like someone with no real ties to Murphy giving her opinion on what Murphy will do after the election.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:38 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Murphy wins by 5%..

Old 10-27-2021, 07:10 AM

10,425 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Define what you mean by “murphy’s #1 person”? You never even heard of this woman before this video. Did she sound like someone who Murphy would pay to advise him on literally ANYTHING? And let’s pretend she’s a top advisor to Murphy for a second… why on earth would she divulge this info to a couple of strangers?? Sounds like she’s more like someone with no real ties to Murphy giving her opinion on what Murphy will do after the election.
Yes she's the Senior Advisor to Murphy. She's divulging on information because some people open up when they become comfortable with someone.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:51 AM

116 posts, read 234,719 times
Its been 3 days since this has been released, I have yet to hear anyone from Murphy's camp come out and speak against this. I have yet to hear from anyone in the media ask these questions. So this is not something you sweep under the rug and hope it goes away. People want to know what his plans are. We are steadily approaching 70% by years end with the state being full vaxxed. Something that we should all celebrate and be proud of but I am not liking the idea of endless mask mandates and passports and shut downs. I dont believe children should wear masks and people be forced to take the vaccine. The hysteria and division are disgusting on both sides and I think the more people push back the better it will be.

However someone hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread. A majority of people in this state and in my town would welcome more mandates. They are sheep, there is no saving them. They will wear masks till they die and to them the puppy killer is a saint who should be praised.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:04 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
News 12 picked it up

Old 10-27-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
“ Neither Martinez nor the other advisor, Matthew Urquijo, a digital manager for the Democrats’ statewide campaign, are particularly high-ranking and it’s not clear if they are speaking from personal knowledge or merely offering opinions.”

Old 10-27-2021, 08:44 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
“ Neither Martinez nor the other advisor, Matthew Urquijo, a digital manager for the Democrats’ statewide campaign, are particularly high-ranking and it’s not clear if they are speaking from personal knowledge or merely offering opinions.”

Additionally, just to clarify Wendy Martinez's alleged role, she is a member of a subcommittee of one of Murphy’s COVID-19 recovery panels, and this is not even a salaried position.

Back in the '90s, when I lived in Rahway, the Mayor of that town appointed me to Merck & Co's community advisory board. This group, which met a few times per year, was merely a bit of window dressing to make it appear that the pharma giant was listening to local residents. In reality, we had no authority, and we never met with anyone other than public relations people from Merck. If the "veritas" folks were to interview me, they probably would have claimed that I was an advisor to Merck's CEO.

In any event, Project Veritas has left a trail of lies and litigation that is almost endless. Because I only had 5 minutes to spare, below is some of what I found, but there were many more pages that I could have read, if only I had the excess time:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...sive=1&title=1

https://www.businessinsider.com/jame...-fails-2017-11

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/23/...n-of-teachers/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/twi...ns-2021-02-12/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...loved-by-trump

https://www.polygraph.info/a/fact-ch.../31499868.html

Old 10-27-2021, 09:35 AM

7,329 posts, read 3,514,319 times
And let's say there is a state wide vaccine mandate if you want to put your kids in school, go out to eat, etc. Then what happens? Does the virus disappear? Do cases completely stop? Do we all have to be vaccinated every 6 months? Trying to figure out what would change. Probably nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: