Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 08:19 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
What is wrong with not wanting to get together with family members because you are uncomfortable with their health status and you think you could get sick? Especially if you are pregnant. Happens in my family all the time now that large indoor weddings are back. I think it is a wise choice and support it.
You can make that choice. I actually believe in freedom of personal choice in all aspects of our lives that don't DIRECTLY affect others. It's the new phenomenon of demonization based on those personal choices, even inter-family, which troubles me.

I've studied the psychology of violence for over 2 decades, to include practical, on-the-ground experience with actual genocides. What is happening in this country on multiple fronts is the desensitization of emotion towards those who oppose certain ideologies, particularly those accepted by the left and the media. It may not happen in 5 years, but it is going to happen.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 08:31 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,640,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No you just can't use examples from ancient history. Mine is relevant today. Literally, since abortion is once again an active scotus topic and disagreeing with free birth control makes one a man-splaining femicidal maniac apparently.

Your kids have to be vaccinated for several diseases today to go to school. I don’t get how that’s ancient history. And I have to keep pointing out that I’m not in favor of mandates I just really dislike the pitting of conservatives vs liberals. They’re more alike then they are different if they would allow their egos to hear each other out for a second.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:32 AM

1,146 posts, read 861,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Your kids have to be vaccinated for several diseases today to go to school. I don’t get how that’s ancient history. And I have to keep pointing out that I’m not in favor of mandates I just really dislike the pitting of conservatives vs liberals. They’re more alike then they are different if they would allow their egos to hear each other out for a second.
Hudson County, I clearly understand your train of thought. Yes, there are vaccine requirements for children and that has always been the case. My personal issue is that unlike the past vaccines children are required to get, the COVID vaccines have proven to have much worse and severe adverse effects. There is no denying the heart issues many teens experienced after getting the COVID vax. Also, another huge difference is the COVID vaccine by technical definition is NOT a vaccine at all because it does not totally stop you from getting COVID. It is only supposed to prevent severe illness, in which for many it failed in doing that too!

Bottom line, the COVID vaccine does NOT stop you from getting it or spreading it AND has pretty bad adverse effects compared to past vaccine requirements. Therefore, it is just crazy how much they are trying to force this on people.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:57 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Hudson County, I clearly understand your train of thought. Yes, there are vaccine requirements for children and that has always been the case. My personal issue is that unlike the past vaccines children are required to get, the COVID vaccines have proven to have much worse and severe adverse effects. There is no denying the heart issues many teens experienced after getting the COVID vax. Also, another huge difference is the COVID vaccine by technical definition is NOT a vaccine at all because it does not totally stop you from getting COVID. It is only supposed to prevent severe illness, in which for many it failed in doing that too!

Bottom line, the COVID vaccine does NOT stop you from getting it or spreading it AND has pretty bad adverse effects compared to past vaccine requirements. Therefore, it is just crazy how much they are trying to force this on people.
Your " pretty off on most of your statement but your and I quote" Bottom line, the COVID vaccine does NOT stop you from getting it or spreading it AND has pretty bad adverse effects compared to past vaccine requirements" end quote.. No vaccine is 100% effective and had you paid attention your would know that and you would know it would make getting covid much less severe if you did get it. ..You're posting misinformation as fact. Others vaccines seem 100% because of herd immunity something antivaxxers seem not to understand,

P.S.

Side effects don't show up in everyone .Not everyone who has had a shot has had side effects other then a sore are at site injection.

Old 10-29-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Ok, then clearly document another time in history it was required to show vaccine status to dine in a restaurant with a valid source! I'll wait
post #40

Old 10-29-2021, 02:28 PM

https://www.healthline.com/health/wo...breaks-history

An epidemic is definedTrusted Source by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a sudden increase in the number of cases of an infectious disease within a community or geographic area during a specific time period.

A spike in the number of cases of the same illness in an area beyond what health officials expect to see is an outbreak. The terms may be used interchangeably, though epidemics are often considered more widespread.

Over the years, many outbreaks of infectious diseases have occurred and spread across the United States

Old 10-29-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Your " pretty off on most of your statement but your and I quote" Bottom line, the COVID vaccine does NOT stop you from getting it or spreading it AND has pretty bad adverse effects compared to past vaccine requirements" end quote.. No vaccine is 100% effective and had you paid attention your would know that and you would know it would make getting covid much less severe if you did get it. ..You're posting misinformation as fact. Others vaccines seem 100% because of herd immunity something antivaxxers seem not to understand,

P.S.

Side effects don't show up in everyone .Not everyone who has had a shot has had side effects other then a sore are at site injection.
Wow....first off I NEVER said other vaccines were 100% effective. Second, I KNOW of people who end up in the hospital and got it really bad AFTER getting fully vaccinated. Therefore, NO it does not always prevent you from getting it less severe. These are FACTS!

Old 10-29-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
post #40
Post #40 says NOTHING about vaccine checks being implemented by restaurants in the past. Again this has NEVER been done before! Wow!

Old 10-29-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Post #40 says NOTHING about vaccine checks being implemented by restaurants in the past. Again this has NEVER been done before! Wow!

Yes the links do but we get it, you have an agenda and you will push it no matter who it hurts .

Old 10-29-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Wow....first off I NEVER said other vaccines were 100% effective. Second, I KNOW of people who end up in the hospital and got it really bad AFTER getting fully vaccinated. Therefore, NO it does not always prevent you from getting it less severe. These are FACTS!
Never said it always ,keep spinning . Yes I know people vaccinated who are breakthrough case's. Yet they are alive when if they were not vaccinated would surely be dead. Again your bias agenda is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: