Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 06:55 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A person can support vaccines but not mandates. I think most adults should get vaccinated but not crazy about the government forcing it on people.
This is me, vehemently.

I don't abide hypocrisy well. The party that has shoved "my body my choice" down our throats for years suddenly... doesn't...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:00 PM

1,146 posts, read 861,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is me, vehemently.

I don't abide hypocrisy well. The party that has shoved "my body my choice" down our throats for years suddenly... doesn't...
Well said Airborne.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:57 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
This is me, vehemently.

Sorry that's hockey pucks. Comparing the two is apple and oranges . There have been mandates for decades and all were up held by the SCOTUS . They have never been political till now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6H7urz-HgA

Old 10-28-2021, 08:05 PM

Not sure what you're trying to say here. My statement was a personal opinion. No scotus decision can change that. Will you suddenly change opinions to respect gun rights when they on a huge case next year?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say here. My statement was a personal opinion. No scotus decision can change that. Will you suddenly change opinions to respect gun rights when they on a huge case next year?
Gun rights and covid vaccinations , really???

Old 10-28-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Gun rights and covid vaccinations , really???
Again, you're blowing off points instead of debating.

I made a statement of opinion, not fact. I didn't pretend it was a fact. I know the difference between opinions and facts. You tried to retort with scotus decisions. Well fine, I accepted that, and did the same to you.

Do scotus decisions you'd otherwise disagree with change your personally held opinions? Clear enough?

As I said in the other thread, if your intention is just to waste time (your incessant bickering with others that I see daily makes me think that's the case) just say so and we won't continue wasting time here.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:05 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,642,764 times
Quote:
This is me, vehemently.

Vaccines have been required in all states, blue and red, for at least 50 years now. What’s this “suddenly” about? At least the proposed mandates give you the option to test weekly as an alternative. I’m not in favor of vaccine mandates either, but this isn’t new.

Last edited by HudsonCoNJ; 10-28-2021 at 09:48 PM..

Old 10-28-2021, 09:53 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Vaccines have been required in all states, blue and red, for at least 50 years now.
Vaccines as a general condition of employment are quite new. Vaccines to enter businesses are new. Don't pretend that vaccine requirements for schoolchildren and some healthcare workers are the same thing; this is a major expansion of scope.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:54 AM

1,146 posts, read 861,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Vaccines as a general condition of employment are quite new. Vaccines to enter businesses are new. Don't pretend that vaccine requirements for schoolchildren and some healthcare workers are the same thing; this is a major expansion of scope.
Correct Nybbler and those statements you made above truly are facts. Another fact, the COVID vaccines have seen more adverse effects than other vaccines mandated in the past. Furthermore, being required to show vaccine status just to walk into a restaurant in some states is NEW as well. Clearly Govt over reach

Old 10-29-2021, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lon...ca-11631890699

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaccines

“Throughout the 19th century, individual employers would sometimes insist on proof of smallpox vaccination or infection before hiring someone who might work in their shop or home,” Conis says. That proof was usually just the bodily scar that remained on the arm or leg after vaccination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: