Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 12:53 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

There's a good documentary about Chris Bianco - Pizzaria Bianco in Phoenix Arizona, it's on Netflix currently, he grew up in Brooklyn, high school dropout, recognized by many as the best pizza in the US. Opened up his pizza joint in the back of a grocery store in 1988.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 02:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Maybe its generational? I do know a lot of older folks love to hold on to their views that 'what they have is the best and nobody can tell me otherwise or you are wrong!!", which is exceptionally true of this just going by your posts. Definitely skewing your bias. Especially from comment "We get it your embarrassed about your pizza we understand but to compare it to NY or NY Pizza is comical." on post 44. That line almost felt that we/I threatened you in some manner. I apologize if I did.

idk, i travel alot so I have a lot more exposure I guess.. more of an open mind? I'm on the hunt. But to each their own!
LOL, You make assumptions, makes you sound less knowledgeable about the issue which is..... pizza.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:26 AM

6 posts, read 11,155 times
What is this not able to get about this thread...

Old 09-25-2022, 03:44 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
https://www.50toppizza.it/50-top-usa-2022/

These are my three go too! All just amazing!

https://943thepoint.com/2022s-best-pizza-in-new-jersey/

The Top 3 Jersey Shore Italian Restaurants You Voted For

Read More: 2022's Best Pizza In New Jersey Has Been Revealed | https://943thepoint.com/2022s-best-p...edium=referral

#3 SQUAN TAVERN
This amazing spot at 15 Broad St. has been making area bellies happy since 1964 when Margeurite and Dominic (Mom & Dad started serving food, and the amazing tradition has only gotten stronger over the years. Squan Tavern got the third most votes in our unscientific polling.And fans of Squan are super passionate about it, and with good reason.
#2 SPANO'S RISTORANTE ITALIANO
Google Maps

#2 SPANO'S RISTORANTE ITALIANO
Anyone who has frequented Point Beach or surrounding areas, or anyone who has driven Arnold Ave. knows and most likely loves Spano's Ristorante Italiano. Don't miss the Gnocchi Pomodori. And the polling was super close but Spano's, despite tons of votes, was edged out for the top spot.
#1 VIC'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Google Maps

#1 VIC'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT
The passion for Vic's Italian American Restaurant is so strong. Those of you who voted for it just raved about it. Vic's has been making people happy at it's present location for about 80 years. Maybe it's the pizza, the Sausage Cacciatore or that Sausage & Peppers Parm, but whatever it is, you told us it's the top Italian at the Jersey Shore!
Filed Under: Best pizza in New Jersey, best

Old 09-26-2022, 03:24 AM

10,425 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1r View Post
Does anyone know what kind/type of pizza this is or, more specifically, how I can find similar pizza in the NY/CT (Westchester/Fairfield County) area?

https://www.google.com/search?q=slic...beach+haven+nj

For me, this is hands-down one of the top few pizzas I've ever had. It's relatively thin, crunchy (but not burnt at all), quite cheesy, and the sauce is flavorful and well seasoned (and not too much sauce).

I've had similar pizza in a couple of NYC places, and one in NY, but have not found this type in Westchester/Fairfield County (Fairfield more specifically).

Is there any way to figure this out, or just trial and error?

Thank you.

p.s. I'm cross-posting this in the CT forum as well.
Back to the OP, I did visit Slice of Heaven over the weekend and will say it was one of the best slices of pizza ive had. Everything you referred to was true, zero flop, thin and crunchy and not burnt, great cheese, flavorful sauce but not too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey