Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 09:04 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Why would I do that? lol

You're striking out more than a blind baseball player.

Can you point me to GSP reststop Tesla chargers?

Don't bother, there are none.
Striking out? You're just saying I'm cherry picking, when I'm not. I've run through all the numbers of a Tesla as i've wanted to buy a Model S more than a decade ago, and had a reservation on the Model 3 before it came out and currently have a reservation from years ago now on the Cyber Truck.

Sure you might not feel the pain at the gas station, but your bank account feels the pain as the bottom line it just costs more and is less economical to own a Tesla over a gas engine car. Its actually even far worse if you own an EV thats not a Tesla.

As for your reference about the "5 minute fill-up". I live in Morris County and if I drove to the Jersey Shore, I would need a charge to make it for the round trip. My statement was regarding peak times down the shore, the lines I've seen have been horrendous. Additionally, I never have to worry about going outside in bad weather to charge up my car, or accidently forgetting to charge my car and need to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2023, 09:19 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
This is patently false and has been thoroughly backed with tons of data. It is unequivocally a lie that EV ownership is more expensive than a comparable gas car. Period, end of story.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-14-2023, 09:22 AM

I forgot to charge my car last night. Realized it when I left for the gym this morning. I have work tonight in the city, so I plugged it in. Man, what a burden.

Dude, give it up.

“Years ago” in the EV world may as well be last century. The you’re smart enough to know that. Everything you’re saying is false. It is not even close to 300 miles from Morris County to “the shore”. You can almost make it to Cape May and back in a modern EV without charging.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-14-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
This is patently false and has been thoroughly backed with tons of data. It is unequivocally a lie that EV ownership is more expensive than a comparable gas car. Period, end of story.
I just gave several posts of information of supporting information that its not. Its an illusion if you think thats the case.

Old 11-14-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I forgot to charge my car last night. Realized it when I left for the gym this morning. I have work tonight in the city, so I plugged it in. Man, what a burden.

Dude, give it up.

“Years ago” in the EV world may as well be last century. The you’re smart enough to know that. Everything you’re saying is false. It is not even close to 300 miles from Morris County to “the shore”. You can almost make it to Cape May and back in a modern EV without charging.
No way you can make a round trip from Morris County to Cape May in an EV, unless you have a $200k Lucid Air. I wont even dive into that math, its ridiculous. Sure you can make it to the more northern beaches without an issue.

Old 11-14-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
No way you can make a round trip from Morris County to Cape May in an EV, unless you have a $200k Lucid Air. I wont even dive into that math, its ridiculous. Sure you can make it to the more northern beaches without an issue.
That’s why I said “almost” while intentionally choosing the absolute furthest point in NJ commonly referred to as “the shore”.

Post your actual common destination and we’ll use a central point in Morris County to prove that a round trip is well under 300 miles.

Anything you post in your attempts to prove that EV ownership is more expensive is a bold faced lie or a scenario using cherry picked numbers to ensure the chosen outcome.

It’s an anti- lie that’s been debunked too many times to bother calling it any other way.

Old 11-14-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
That’s why I said “almost” while intentionally choosing the absolute furthest point in NJ commonly referred to as “the shore”.

Post your actual common destination and we’ll use a central point in Morris County to prove that a round trip is well under 300 miles.

Anything you post in your attempts to prove that EV ownership is more expensive is a bold faced lie or a scenario using cherry picked numbers to ensure the chosen outcome.

It’s an anti- lie that’s been debunked too many times to bother calling it any other way.
In a real world driving environment the farthest you can make a roundtrip from Morris County to the Jersey Shore in a Model 3 is Seaside Heights. Its about ~200 miles roundtrip, then you factor in traffic, air conditioning etc., some around town driving, you would likely being on "fumes" by the time you make it back. Anything further than that on a trip on the average EV would require a charge up.

Old 11-14-2023, 12:14 PM

Sounds like a perfect example of why EV’s are superior for close-in and moderate driving. No gasser is taking a 200 mile trip without necessitating a before or soon after stop for gas, meanwhile I’m “settjng and forgetting” as soon as I get home.

Like I will this weekend when I head to the hunting cabin.

Old 11-14-2023, 02:05 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
It is unequivocally a lie that EV ownership is more expensive than a comparable gas car. Period, end of story.
Yup!
I don't have any experience with EVs, but when I did a deep analytical dive into my PSEG electric bill, I found that the cost of "fueling" my PHEV with electricity, at home, was less than half of what I spent during the equivalent period on gas with my previous gas-powered car. Yes, I do use some gas in the PHEV, but--on average--I put ~7 gallons in the tank every 60-80 days, in order to drive 1,100-1,300 miles.

Between the cheaper cost of electric "fuel", its gas-sipping manner, and regenerative brakes that should last for at least 90k miles, the cost of driving/maintaining it is significantly cheaper than with a gas-powered vehicle.

Old 11-14-2023, 02:31 PM

It’s not even a question. The hit-piece articles that try to prove otherwise are laughably easily to see through.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey